redneck grower
Founding Member
ive looked all over the web at this thing,

i'd like to see a video of it in action,

looks like FM is offering the best price on the whole web,

indianjoe

Founding Member
Chicken,
if you got the materials, hey, give it a go and let us know your success. Someone needs to develp a good shredder.

Brown Thumb

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Got this today in an email.

"Don,

You can reach me at extension 1073 between 9am and 5pm Monday – Friday. After hours the best way to contact me is via email. You can fax your vendors license to....

The Shredder is item # GR200: 224.95 each.
The Powermatic II is item # SA103: 69.95 each

The Powermatic I (manual injector) is new on the market. Better quality than Top-O-Matic. 49.95 each."

The more items I order the less the shipping will be per item. Right now it looks like your cost will be $245 plus shipping. I haven't talked to the owner yet, but when I do, I'm hoping to make a better deal.

If anyone wants either of the injectors, add $15 to my cost and tell me which one you want.

To order any of these items, shoot me a PM and I'll send you an invoice which will include a cost for USPS Priority mail.

I'd like to leave this offer open for a couple of days so everyone who wants one, can have a chance to get in on the first order.

The order can't be placed until Thursday because I'm out of town and can't get on the internet during the day.

Also, the order processing time is about 7 days before the order is shipped to me, so please understand it might take a couple of weeks to get your item. The FTT store should be finished within the next couple of weeks and these items will be available on a regular basis. Also please understand that if you have an issue with your machine, you have to return it to Powermatic for warranty coverage.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
If anyone wants anything I listed, send me a PM with your email address and your mailing address and I'll send you an invoice. P.O. box is OK since these will go out USPS.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The guys from Poland finally got back to me with info o their shredders. They make a hand crank model that looks like it will process a lot of tobacco pretty quickly.

Shredder

They also make a couple of electric models that look pretty good and the shred it correct (1mm). Shredder 2

They are looking for a wholesaler here in the States, but their machines will have a tough time clearing safety testing in their current condition.

It might be worth waiting on the Powermatic machine until I can get additional info on these machines.

Lakota

Founding Member
Don I bought 1 of the m10, It is in a box in my shed. It is made from aluminum and is really soft. The gears stripped off after about 3 or 4 lbs. The tobacco must be in the right case or the rakers plug and can take quite a bit of time to clean. The rakers are thin and bend easily. I was told it would last for 30 lbs. In my opinion it is not worth buying.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
[QUOTEDon I bought 1 of the m10, It is in a box in my shed. It is made from aluminum and is really soft. The gears stripped off after about 3 or 4 lbs. The tobacco must be in the right case or the rakers plug and can take quite a bit of time to clean. The rakers are thin and bend easily. I was told it would last for 30 lbs. In my opinion it is not worth buying.][/QUOTE]

Lakota, The m10 is what manufacturer? Thanks,

John

Lakota

Founding Member
The m10 is the manual shredder from simon in poland. I gave John and Rich at LO (Before I found this site, thanks to Larry) the contact info.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
The guys from Poland finally got back to me with info o their shredders. They make a hand crank model that looks like it will process a lot of tobacco pretty quickly.

Shredder

They also make a couple of electric models that look pretty good and the shred it correct (1mm). Shredder 2

They are looking for a wholesaler here in the States, but their machines will have a tough time clearing safety testing in their current condition.

It might be worth waiting on the Powermatic machine until I can get additional info on these machines.

i like the polish '' top feed'' vs the powermatic, horizontal feed,

boy i wish we had a video, of the powermatic, in action,

Boboro

I think I will go with the Powermatic shredder. the quality of thir tube stuffer is very good so I feel the shredder will also be good. AT 2MM it is a little large my pasta shredder is 1.5mm And I have no trouble with that and they say the cut is right for my Powermatic 2 Ill let ya,ll know how it works in 4 weeks or so.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
LOL, you're cracking me up. I'll see what I can do. I'm back in town and will have a little time tomorrow to request a video of the powermatic in action.

A video of it in action is probably useless. I think we can assume that it has rollers that will pull tobacco leaf into it and shred it. What I would like to see is detail pictures of the guts of the machine. If there is no plastic in it then it will most likely last a lifetime. So far all of the pasta type machines I have seen have either some type of pot metal in them or some plastic sleeve/bushing making them.... crap for longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.