Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Powermatic came out with a shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
Buying the tractor isn't the end . By the time they are paid for is the time you start buying new parts and pieces for it .

By the way what exactly are you rolling up inside of the portion the size of a rolling paper ?

Only the good stuff.;)

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Sorry, I got it. I was hoping to order more than one, so let's give it a couple of more days to see if anyone else replies.

It won't take a month to get it...more like 2 weeks after I put the order in.

Boboro

I knew you said to give others a chance I just didnt know if I done the PM right. Im not to good with the PC and if it a'nt space book or a game nobody round hear cares much.It will take a week or so after I get it to get the tobbaco in case and sit down and shred a pound or so. I'll let ya'll know what I think about it I'll post pic.s if I get help A utube if the neighbor will do it. Its a lot of cash so I think every bodys waiting for some body to try it first.

Daniel

Banned
I am looking for a shredder and have been expecting to pay in the $300 plus range for one that is worth it.
My problem with this one is it is not tested. I will not have enough leaf to give it a test if I got it now. The prices is not that far from the security shredders that I have been seeing.

So how many people woudl be willing to pitch in say $10 for Don to get one of these and test the crap out of it? Collect a bit extra so maybe can can pay someone to set and shred until the thing either breaks or proves itself.

I know I am in the market for some sort of shredder. This week is just a bit to soon for me though. MMMMM Maybe. let me check with my wife cause my son owes us about $300 and he may have paid us back.

If Don doesn't have the time then it can be sent to someone that is willing to do it. I know I would. My crop died this year so I have nothing to do. My problem would be coming up with the tobacco to shred. I am only going to see 15 lbs or so from this year...again. and that is not going to be for a while.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
id send 15-20 bucks for the cause,

i believe it's a good investment, for a pricey machine,

and if it breaks suddenlly, and aint very reliable,,,,,then 20 bucks was a good investment, vs/ 300$ and learning the hard way<

johnlee1933

Founding Member
id send 15-20 bucks for the cause,

i believe it's a good investment, for a pricey machine,

and if it breaks suddenlly, and aint very reliable,,,,,then 20 bucks was a good investment, vs/ 300$ and learning the hard way<

If you get to $150 I'll kick in the rest and do and report the testing.

John

Boboro

I'm going to buy 1 and I have the tobacco but not the time to shread a whole lot till after oct.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
If you get to $150 I'll kick in the rest and do and report the testing.

John

how much you think you'd have to run thru it, to call the test sucessfull.???

20 lbs? if it's performing after 20 lbs. as it did fresh outta the box, i'd say it's reliable,

so whoever tests it, needs to have the quanity of baccy to do a good test,

i'd say send it to big-bonner,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
how much you think you'd have to run thru it, to call the test sucessfull.???

20 lbs? if it's performing after 20 lbs. as it did fresh outta the box, i'd say it's reliable,

so whoever tests it, needs to have the quanity of baccy to do a good test,

i'd say send it to big-bonner,

I agree.

J

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well then,

let's semd don enough money to get it,

and see if big-bonner is on board to do the testing???? im good for 20 bucks,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I'll pledge $20 Who's keeping track of the total?

J

well, im never home,.. to many work week hours,

but yes someone needs to keep track of the pledges, and when the time comes,'' cash in'' and send the money out,

or perhaps we can just send it to don, make a donation thread, and when he gets the right ammount, make the order,

well. i been waiting for the morning dew to burn off my leaves,,,,

i got a lot of picking and hanging to do,

till 3 pm. .. hopefully when i get back on line, we will have this figured out,

and get a machine ordered quicklly,, it's only weeks, till i'd be ready to use one,

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I would be willing to "give" the shredded tobacco to anyone who donates to the testing of the shredder. Just tell me how much you're donating and I'll shred an equal amount of tobacco and send it to you.

I'll take pictures/video of the guts of the thing and run it until it dies or proves itself.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I would be willing to "give" the shredded tobacco to anyone who donates to the testing of the shredder. Just tell me how much you're donating and I'll shred an equal amount of tobacco and send it to you.

I'll take pictures/video of the guts of the thing and run it until it dies or proves itself.

That's a fine idea. You get to clean up scraps, we get cheap tobacco and lots of info on the shredder.
When you get to the right dollar amount I'm in for $20.

If it dies can I be considered for figuring out why and perhaps repairing it?

John

Edit: A different thought. If it passes early tests perhaps you should run it to failure i.e. - Run more leaves or stems or whatever.

J

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Yeah, I'll do a full diagnostic on it.

It won't be "cheap tobacco...it will be "free" tobacco. I can't legally send processed tobacco in the mail, so this is free...but you have to contribute to the testing of the shredder.

I believe this argument will hold up in court.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Yeah, I'll do a full diagnostic on it.

It won't be "cheap tobacco...it will be "free" tobacco. I can't legally send processed tobacco in the mail, so this is free...but you have to contribute to the testing of the shredder.

I believe this argument will hold up in court.

Any attorneys in the group? Legal aides? Opinionated people? ;)

J

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I got an email from the sales rep. on Friday. He said I would get a 10% discount on the first order, so I don't want to put the first order in for only one shredder. I'll buy it retail and test it.

I'll talk to the owner tomorrow and see what kind of deal we can make on one.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I got an email from the sales rep. on Friday. He said I would get a 10% discount on the first order, so I don't want to put the first order in for only one shredder. I'll buy it retail and test it.

I'll talk to the owner tomorrow and see what kind of deal we can make on one.

he should jump all over it,

i think you have 6 buyers ready to go right now,

Status
Not open for further replies.