Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Have you tried this soil test kit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I know my dirt is low in N. Is ammonia nitrate a good sorse for bacca?
It is but.....

There are two types of Nitrogen that your plants will will use (1) Ammoniacal and (2) Nitrate. Ammonium Nitrate supplies both. The Ammoniacal form will be used by the plants when they are young and as the plant matures it will utilize the Nitrate form. A good soil test would tell you the levels of both forms of Nitrogen. If you are OK in Ammonical Nitrogen you would not want to use Ammonium Nitrate. Last year my soil test revealed that I was low in both so I used Ammonium Nitrate, but that was based on a soil test, not a guess. The good thing about tobacco is that you can throw just abut anything at it and still get a good crop.

Boboro

Cotton seed meal is a animal food that is a good fet. Gin trash is the leavins of whats left after the cotton and seed is separated. you can see it out side the gin. It needs to be composted at least a year.

Boboro

It is but.....

There are two types of Nitrogen that your plants will will use (1) Ammoniacal and (2) Nitrate. Ammonium Nitrate supplies both. The Ammoniacal form will be used by the plants when they are young and as the plant matures it will utilize the Nitrate form. A good soil test would tell you the levels of both forms of Nitrogen. If you are OK in Ammonical Nitrogen you would not want to use Ammonium Nitrate. Last year my soil test revealed that I was low in both so I used Ammonium Nitrate, but that was based on a soil test, not a guess. The good thing about tobacco is that you can throw just abut anything at it and still get a good crop.
I just dont want to throw nuttin with urea out thir.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Cotton seed meal is a animal food that is a good fet. Gin trash is the leavins of whats left after the cotton and seed is separated. you can see it out side the gin. It needs to be composted at least a year.
Thanks. As a Yankee I had no way of knowing. The meal is what I mean. Crushed/ground? cotton seed.

Last edited:

Knucklehead

Founding Member

We call it cotton mote or moat around here. It's the big pile of black looking soil piled outside the gin. We use it in making compost. I thought Johnlee was talking about the same stuff. Cotton moat is all I've heard it called, but it would definately be the gin trash.

PlantTeacher

Leverhead, if that question was for me. Just tobacco. Golden Layalina right now. But plants inhale carbon dioxide, plant, petroleum, ect. (Save a tree, buy a hybrid. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.) Exhale oxygen. I'm sure you know that already though.

Status
Not open for further replies.