Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Frustrating Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grundle

At the point of being overwhelmed by frustration I decided I needed to do something drastic. Now I sit here, smoking a Henry Clay cigar, and sipping on a Corona and I have to think to myself. Life just aint that bad. I been focused so much on results lately -- with this hobby, my workplace, and studies that I just forgot I ought to take a minute to sit back and enjoy life.

The real value of knowledge comes not when you succeed, but when you fail miserably, because in that moment it becomes so much more poignant. Seems like those are the lessons we never forget, and yet somehow they seem so "painful". Painful isn't the right word...it is useful, that is the right word.

Just ruminating a bit while I unwind...sure does feel nice :)

Rayshields

The real value of knowledge comes not when you succeed, but when you fail miserably, because in that moment it becomes so much more poignant. Seems like those are the lessons we never forget, and yet somehow they seem so "painful". Painful isn't the right word...it is useful, that is the right word.

Disappointment brings development, when processed correctly.

Also, nothing is worse than success on your first attempt.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
my first season, was horrible, i didnt even have any seeds sprout,,,

at least you got some plants going, and dont count yourself out yet,

the season is still young

Grundle

I had four more plants uprooted this weekend. I really hope my traps catch those buggers, I was in a murderous mood yesterday >:] If I am lucky I'll make it out with 3 or 4 healthy plants...

This has all helped me formulate my plan of attack for next year. I am thinking I'll need a garden fence, a grow light, and and and...

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
an automated 12 gauge shot gun with tracer rounds and a mingun on a turret manned by a zombie-navy-seal that never sleeps and has a craving for critter meat....

Rayshields

You guys are tearing me up. Mostly because I am developing an intense hatred for wildlife too. I am beginning to understand why our forefathers almost drove some wildlife to extinction...I must say that the efforts by PETA and other organizations have marginalized hunting and trapping to the point that, in many if not most, rural areas the coons, posssums, and deer are a plague. I have trapped 14 coons and 3 possums under my peach trees...I got very few fruit that were too green to eat and my trees are full of broken limbs...the only thing I have learned this year is RAISE ONIONS. Nothing seems to bother onions.

BarG

Founding Member
You guys are tearing me up. Mostly because I am developing an intense hatred for wildlife too. I am beginning to understand why our forefathers almost drove some wildlife to extinction...I must say that the efforts by PETA and other organizations have marginalized hunting and trapping to the point that, in many if not most, rural areas the coons, posssums, and deer are a plague. I have trapped 14 coons and 3 possums under my peach trees...I got very few fruit that were too green to eat and my trees are full of broken limbs...the only thing I have learned this year is RAISE ONIONS. Nothing seems to bother onions.

Get a trappers license Ray and sell those coon pelts. They are some of the easiest there is to tan. I've eaten young coons, They were good, I gave the bigger ones to a neighbor to pass on to other people till he moved. But I always save their pelts. A friend of my fathers who has hunted all over the world and had a basement and albums full of boone and crocket trophys would pay the neighborhood kids for young coons to eat. When he died he donated his personal museum to a public museum.
100_2088.jpg

Rayshields

Actually BarG, I have been thinking about getting a trapper's license this fall. I borrow three pipe shaped coon traps from my barber and they really work. Have you tried these? He said he paid $125 per dozen at a trapper's convention. You can bait with marshmallow and peanut butter really easily. Here you don't have to skin the coons, just put them in garbage bag and throw them in the freezer. He told me that last year an Amish fur buyer about 40 miles from here bought 50,000+ coons. For the biggest and best, he paid $35.00. Run of the mill ran $12.00 to $15.00. Might be more profitable than raising tobacco?

By the way, that is a fine looking pelt.

Status
Not open for further replies.