Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Group buy to test Powermatic shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Hey thanks Larry, I got it. I'm not sure what I can offer you in return, but whatever you want, it's yours. Thanks very much for helping out.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Hey thanks Larry, I got it. I'm not sure what I can offer you in return, but whatever you want, it's yours. Thanks very much for helping out.

I just want to see how it works and want to help out .
If It shredds and they can get the shred smaller it may be just what I can use .
This way we all can find out how it works .

Lakota

Founding Member
Don I sent 25.00, if the shipping is more let me know and i will send it. Virginia, not shredded. Customs might not let processed tobacco come into canada.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Thank you IndianJoe

Shredder has been ordered. It should be in the mail tomorrow...with the Holiday coming up, I don't expect it until Monday. I'll keep everyone posted as to when it arrives.

What are your thoughts on the testing procedure?

My initial thought was to video record the opening of the box and unpacking through plugging it in and running a pound and a half of leaf through it. Maybe do 1/2 lb. each of Burley, Flue Cured and Oriental.

This video might also be a good way to show people what ugly leaf (1st priming) leaves look like after they're shredded. That stuff is pretty scary looking in whole leaf form, but (from what Larry said yesterday) it might be one of those missing ingredients in a proper cigarette.

BarG

Founding Member
In my opinion I would run whats easiest for you because that will mean a whole lot of destemming in case no one has thought of that. When it's shredded and ready for smoke who can tell the difference between a holey whole leaf or a beautifull pristine whole leaf. They will taste the same. It may be a good way to catch up on some more house cleaning and demonstrate what its capable of.

I usually dont do this but I sat down and destemmed 3 lbs. last weekend and brought 3 more lbs. into case for later. It can be time consuming even when you get your moves down.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Thank you IndianJoe

Shredder has been ordered. It should be in the mail tomorrow...with the Holiday coming up, I don't expect it until Monday. I'll keep everyone posted as to when it arrives.

What are your thoughts on the testing procedure?

I know nothing about shredding but it seems logical to do the easiest stuff first and progress to the more demanding. Then, if it fails, where it fails is worth noting.

John

Boboro

Don,just sent $35 to pay-pal account.Let me know if I did it wrong,please.But it should be there.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
While on the phone with the sales rep., he mentioned their demo shredder has been to three trade shows and still works like new. He also said he personally met with the engineers who designed the shredder and said they take their work very seriously. I wonder if this is made in the good ol' USA?

BarG

Founding Member
While on the phone with the sales rep., he mentioned their demo shredder has been to three trade shows and still works like new. He also said he personally met with the engineers who designed the shredder and said they take their work very seriously. I wonder if this is made in the good ol' USA?

I believe there is a powematic version but I'm having a hard time searching to confirm. {They may have trouble with their R's] I found it in european search for shredders. I have found the the blades are titanium coated for longer life but if it can survive the trade shows thats some pretty heavy scrutiny.

EDIT: There are some of my tools that I will to this day still buy and replace that are comparable to commercial duty American tools. Not for the price but for the innovations that swept the market and we failed to realize. When you want a new tool you want to hold it in your hand before you buy it. Sounds like that just happened on a large scale.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well. if i choose to get one of these, i wont be running stems thru it,

gonna get the letter, in the mail tomorrow, with my 20 buck's. im just gonna send ya cash, i got faith in the postal service,

were, still stuck in the 19'th century,,,no PAY-PAL<<<

is thier a way i could use a credit card,? {debit]

to get it too you quicker<

BigBonner

Founding Member
well. if i choose to get one of these, i wont be running stems thru it,

gonna get the letter, in the mail tomorrow, with my 20 buck's. im just gonna send ya cash, i got faith in the postal service,

were, still stuck in the 19'th century,,,no PAY-PAL<<<

is thier a way i could use a credit card,? {debit]

to get it too you quicker<

Paypal has a way to send money from any email address whether they have a paypal account or not .

Don would have to request money to your email account and you would pay with a debit card .

I did this sonce and didn't have any luck .

Last edited:

Boboro

The o,l pasta shredder with a snowcone maker motor on it is on its last leg after about 10 lb. I,m so reddy to give up the shredder mak'in hobby.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I just read an email I got from UPS. I wasn't expecting anything shipped through UPS and was puzzled when I couldn't find who the sender was. The thing that didn't make any sense is the weight of the package...30 lbs. So now I'm digging into who is sending me 30 lbs of something. I start thinking it's a sample of tobacco from one of my brokers, or a sample from an importer that I've been waiting for for 2 months.

Then is dawns on me...the shredder. Holy crap, 30 lbs.? This thing must be damn near industrial duty. Even after subtracting the weight of the packaging, the machine has to be damn near 25 lbs.

This is going to be interesting.

Has anyone ever seen any specs on this monster?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
could you post a link to the f.t.t. store,,, i for the life of me cant find it,????

[brainfart]

and fm.

is there any special baccy you'd prefer to shred, to move inventory, or can we pick and variety we'd like,?

for the lb. to be shredded,

tomorrow, im gonna send out 2 orders in one env3elope,

.my 2 lbs im ordering, and the 20 for the shredder cause,

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
could you post a link to the f.t.t. store,,, i for the life of me cant find it,????

There isn't a FTT store ...yet, but THIS is a link to the Whole Leaf Tobacco store.

and fm.

is there any special baccy you'd prefer to shred, to move inventory, or can we pick and variety we'd like,?

for the lb. to be shredded,

I guess the only limitation I would put on what type of tobacco can be shredded for your donation would be any cigarette tobacco...Burley, Flue Cured, Oriental or Dark Air Cured.

The Bezuki and other cigar leaf wouldn't make good cigarettes anyway. Oh and the perique is another one I don't want to shred. Other than that...whatever you want is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.