Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Members Only -- LEAF SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
This thread is for members who would like to swap home grown leaf.

I will have grown several varieties (posted in my grow log). I believe many other members are in the same boat.

You grew what you thought you would use and now would like to try something different (at least that's my excuse.)

What I would like is for you to list the varieties you have to swap here. (You can cut and paste from other posts.)
In this thread you can provide a list and then use PM's for the swap details.

I will put my list up as my crop is primed and inspected. Remember you can go back and edit your personal list as more is added or you run out of something.

My list will go up as my crop comes in.

If anyone wants to suggest a different format please feel free.

John

wazzappenning

im in, if anyone from canada wants to do trades (shipping from the states might not be worth it). mine will be a while yet, but my excuse is i ended up with 3 virginia plants and most of the rest is gold seal burley. the original seedlings were mostly virginia, but they didnt do so well. ill post more when i know.

jeapadrenaline

im in, if anyone from canada wants to do trades (shipping from the states might not be worth it). mine will be a while yet, but my excuse is i ended up with 3 virginia plants and most of the rest is gold seal burley. the original seedlings were mostly virginia, but they didnt do so well. ill post more when i know.

I'm in bc. Got a late start due to having to germinate a second time. But if the crop and curing works ok, i'll be willing to do some trading, just to see what we like. My introduction thread shows the varieties i have.

wazzappenning

yup mine started a little late and made it into the ground very late. i wont go too much further on this thread until i see what i end up with after cured.

Tom_in_TN

I'm all in on a swap deal and will put up my list later. Gotta go prime some leaf this evening or there won't be anything to trade with you all. See ya later.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I'd suggest actually listing the leaf variety you have and the quantity HERE. Its going to be a pain in the ass if a hundred people have leaf to offer but you have to weed through their grow blog to find it.
As simple as: I have Havana X, 10 hands of 20 leaves each that I can trade, etc

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I'd suggest actually listing the leaf variety you have and the quantity HERE. Its going to be a pain in the ass if a hundred people have leaf to offer but you have to weed through their grow blog to find it.
As simple as: I have Havana X, 10 hands of 20 leaves each that I can trade, etc

I agree Dude. Edit post, cut and paste makes it easy for an individual to change his listing as the situation changes. Scouting thru 40 different blogs to find whether or not someone has what you want is a pain.

It was my idea that each interested member would have one changeable post in this thread that changed as he had different stuff to offer.

John

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Also maybe edit the guidelines into the original post then give me or someone else the go ahead to cut out the chatter so its a clear concise list of only product.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Try and swapping tobacco at that other site and see what happens .

I think this is a great idea .

I have leaf that I might would trade for gold , wireless remote security cameras ,antiques . pipes , rollers , etc . I could see different trades of all kinds .

DonH

Try and swapping tobacco at that other site and see what happens .

I think this is a great idea .

I have leaf that I might would trade for gold , wireless remote security cameras ,antiques . pipes , rollers , etc . I could see different trades of all kinds .

Yeah, I guess you don't need more tobacco!

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Ok This was just an idea. If one of you administrators or some other smart guy wants to jump in and set up a neat and tidy format be my guest.

John

BigBonner

Founding Member
Yeah, I guess you don't need more tobacco!

What type do you have to swap ?

I Might want to try others .

What I was more or less saying is that some one may have a soil , trays , grow light , pipe , shredder , etc that they want to swap leaf for, but they want to swap leaf because they may be low on cash . Tobacco is cash and was used as money in olden days .
Some people just like a good trade .

Rayshields

Is there any way to build a swap chart? Can anyone edit someone else's post? On a related thought; it might be informative to have a chart where we could list plant loss data. Total plants planted...cause of plant loss...percentage...might be helpful to new growers if we could build some sort of data base???

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
let me see.....what do i got hanging,,

y.t.b.
silk leaf
vavilov
dark virginia
white stock burley
14l8burley
lizard tail
silver river