Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Mach I Shredder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
No, but the cutter head looks exactly like the powermatic. The price of the Mach 1 is the same as the powermatic too. That Mach 1 would be a really good deal for $175.

BarG

Founding Member
Thats alright Don I knew what you were saying, But couldn't resist. I get caught more than I care to admit.

Brown Thumb

Come on Guys,, it it is a paper shredder with a chute put on on it.

dkh2

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my
No, but the cutter head looks exactly like the powermatic. The price of the Mach 1 is the same as the powermatic too. That Mach 1 would be a really good deal for $175.

I looked that shredder up on there web site
and they are having a sale through the month of August which includes 10.1 pounds of Destemmed Burley mixed with Turkish
25 boxes of Cigarette tubes and the Mach 1 shredder all for $300

at the bottom of the page

http://www.freshchoicetobacco.com/catalog.html

Summer Special
Makes 25 cartons - Carton cost $8 per carton
- THE MACH ONE Tobacco Shredder ($275 value )
- 10.1 pound bag of tobacco leaves ( $200 value )
- includes 25 boxes of tubes

$300

* We collect sales taxes in: California, Florida,Massachusetts, Texas, and Washington.

* Shipping Charges applied to orders in Alaska and Hawaii

dkh2

A box of tubes here cost just under 2 dollars
I can get 10.1 pounds of flue cured tobacco for 130 dollars that's with shipping so that comes out to
about 180 dollars so I guess that means the shredder would come to 120 dollars
They pay for shipping

BarG

Founding Member
Usualy a give away like that is made to make the deal so sweet you cant resist. Is that a reflection on the product? You decide. I have no clue.

Theres an old saying when it comes to buying tools : You get what you pay for.

Most of mine they don't make anymore and theyr'e still going strong. They weren't the cheapest. I can still get parts even if it cost more than the price of original tool to fix.[SAD]

I think nowadays if you notice they redesign on a yearly basis so parts can't interchange and they may not be built to last , BUT the price is such you can buy 2 or 3 for the price of a high quality version, often American made.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Sorry. I started a thread on this machine before I saw this one. I emailed the guy with questions about country of origin and warranty and here is his reply:

Thank you for your interest.... apologize in slight delay in responding since I had
a family emergency to tend to.... this company are located in California ...and this unit
is made there too.... their warranty is very simple & fantastic... of the large quantity sold
they had only like 2-3 that had any problems of which they replaced them immediately at no
charge.... and that is their warranty.... this unit is built like a tank and is very durable...!!!
Cordially,
Andy

Made is USA is a definate plus. It weights 47 pounds and they claim one pound of leaves shredded per minute. I am currently looking at this and the Powermatic. It does look as though this would be easier to feed than the Powermatic but since I don't own either I can't say for sure. I do like that warranty, the weight and the Made in USA.
Wallace

notcrack

I read a review of this shredder a while back and it said it was just a cross cut paper shredder with a feeding funnel at the top. I would pass this by and go for a powermatic.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Yeah, after talking to Don about this aka FmGrowit I decided to buy the Powermatic and a tobacco sampler from his online tobacco and accessory store at www.WholeLeafTobacco.com. Don really seems like a pretty fart smeller. Smart feller.

dkh2

I bought one last August the price with the tubes and 10.1 pounds of Tobacco was too tempting.
This thing is built like a tank....So much so that a paint stirring stick (one of those flat one inch wide type)
I was using to push a curled up leaf down further got away from me and went right through it.
No noise at all.... it just disappeared down the chute. It shreds Tobacco leaf in long shreds I just drop the shred in again
and it comes out perfect. One note the tobacco that comes with it is little pieces and it shreds perfect in one pass
there Tobacco sucks I mean it really sucks It makes you cough immediately and has a hint of some type of chemical.
I shredded a whole bag of Turkish around 5 pounds of stems mostly and after 5 minutes it timed out.
It has a set up where you can't burn it up so it has a shut down mode just like a paper shredder which I believe it is
it just has a different size cut than paper shredders

All in All it works great no problems at all
I shredded large amount of destemmed flue cured so much that I got tired of shredding it.
I'm satisfied with the shredder and there tubes
But there Tobacco really really sucks

burge

I know this is a old thread but they are coming out with a 1mm version is it possible to get this one? Unless the stems are tree sized I like shredding them to go with the tobacco. I like the Powermatic shred but it is something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.