Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from dallas Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
We have some more snow up north its true, but the snow seems to keep the trash out too. You pick your poison I guess.

leverhead

Interesting bit og history there. I would rather live in Texas any day rather then up north. We tried it for about a year and quickly moved back. I do have another question.... how tall where your plants when you drop them in the ground. And did you use any special mixture?

Mine were 4-5". Not so much a special mix, but lots of details. In Dallas I would say if you're not in the ground soon/now, the cool/cold is going to disappoint you. Look up your first and last frost dates, I'm already planing to be in the ground for mid March next year, you'll probably be a few weeks after that. Figure out why and what you want to grow, for me it was for cigarettes so I'm heavy into Virginia's. Tobacco is a well studied plant, read, read and read some more. Plan for water, too little/normal/too much/way too much, run off from some higher ground has almost done me in this year. With the wind in Dallas, you might want to consider stakes. And stay away from Urea fertilizers, at least for seedlings.

I've never really grown anything before this and came real close to success. Every gardener I've ever met has been real anal, I can see why. Good luck and welcome to the wilder bunch of tobacco growers, they're a great bunch of guys. If you can't get all the help you need here, I don't know where to point you.

Bika

Cool and thanks for the info it has been some nice help. Yes I have noticed the nice welcome that I have received. I am excited about this forum, for it wealth of knowledge and the people willing to help. I hope to being able to contribute in any way that I can. And again thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.