Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Posting Pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetan57@

I have looked around the site but cannot find a post about how to post pictures. Can someone please talk me through the process, and perhaps make it a sticky? Thank you.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
vBulletin programs are notorious for having less than user friendly photo albums. Honestly, I don't even try to use it anymore.

There are a couple of easy ways to post pictures.

One is to use a remote picture hosting service like Photobucket. Upload your picture to that site and coy a link of that picture into your post here. The problem with doing it that way occurs when you edit that picture on the remote server, it no longer works in your post.

The other and best way is to upload your picture directly from your computer to the post using the photo icon. Very small pictures can simply be copied and pasted into your post.

I'll find the post on posting pictures and put it here after I find it.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
vBulletin programs are notorious for having less than user friendly photo albums. Honestly, I don't even try to use it anymore.

There are a couple of easy ways to post pictures.

One is to use a remote picture hosting service like Photobucket. Upload your picture to that site and coy a link of that picture into your post here. The problem with doing it that way occurs when you edit that picture on the remote server, it no longer works in your post.

The other and best way is to upload your picture directly from your computer to the post using the photo icon. Very small pictures can simply be copied and pasted into your post.

I'll find the post on posting pictures and put it here after I find it.

I had this problem a couple of year back. I found out that my camera was taking pics with about 3m pixels / shot. They were too large to upload. The solution with my camera was to reduce definition until the pics were ~0.7 m pixels/shot. As you might expect the definition is reduced but for posting perfectly satisfactory. Having the pixel count (size) down I found I could upload (one at a time) as many as I chose.

Another method is to use PhotoShop or a similar photo manipulation software to reduce the pixel count till the pic was small enough.

Bottom line -- Get the pixel count low enough any way you can and uploading directly from the computer is straightforward.

Hope this helps,

John

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
John, An easier way to resize the picture is to use any photo editing program and click on "resize" The optimal size for internet use is 800 x 600 (sometimes it will automatically suggest 640). That way, you don't sacrifice definition and you can keep a copy of the original size just to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.