Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Powermatic testing summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Re: Group buy to test Powermatic shredder

Got the shredder at about 4:00 this afternoon. It was 101° and the UPS guy looked like he was going to pass out. I walked to the truck to get the shredder and went he saw me standing there to take it, he looked very appreciative for not having to carry that heavy box to the door.

I put the shredder in the back of my truck and waited for the sun to go down a little. The warehouse was still about 110°, but the fans make it tolerable...somewhat.

View attachment 1215
The box is 14" x 18" x 14"

View attachment 1216
I opened the box to find 30 lbs of packing peanuts.

View attachment 1217
After a little digging

View attachment 1218
A box in a box in a Styrofoam box

View attachment 1219
Hey...a shredder

View attachment 1220
I didn't measure it, but I'm pretty sure someone made a mistake on the size. This is much closer to 1mm than 2mm. It was way too hot to try to do any serious testing, but the machine is completely silent when on, but not shredding. I stuffed a little too much into at one time and the motor just drew more current and pulled the leaf right through. My initial impression is the machine will work well.

No owners manual came with the shredder, so I'll find out what the warranty is on Monday.

I took a very primitive video using my phone. I didn't have an extra hand and between trying to load the shredder and take the video, it ended up pretty bad. I'll try to figure out how to youtube it and post it here. It would be a lot more efficient if you were to use two hands to shred your tobacco.

Attachments

• shredder1.jpg
    shredder1.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 16
  • shredder2.jpg
    shredder2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 17
  • shredder3.jpg
    shredder3.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 17
  • shredder4.jpg
    shredder4.jpg