Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacco bricking

Status
Not open for further replies.

leverhead

I don't know how the Germans do it, but to get those things to stay that firm for a hundred years! Must be something to that super race.

Rayshields

The Germans like to belittle Americans for not being able to build anything that lasts. I heard this on two trips to Germany. After thinking about this for a long time, I formulated a question for them. More Americans claim Germany as their family heritage country than any country in the world. How did they get so dumb once they crossed the Atlantic Ocean?

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Thanks for saving me a franklin guess i will buy a nice sharp knife

Ever consider a deli type meat slicer. I have an old Globe slicer. It has it's own built in sharpener. It works just fine till you get close to the end of the brick. Then the brick crumbles and you no longer get slices just oddly shaped bits. I did not like it for cig shredding and got one of Don's Powermatics (hopefully arriving today) but for Pipe cut it worked OK.

John

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Got a link to it? Let me know how it works for you plz,pricetag?

Sorry, mine it 50 years old. I got mine from a friend when he was cleaning out his Dad's house. If you get a used one be sure it one with the built sharpener. It makes a lot of difference. Just google "deli meat slicer" and you'll get lots of hits. Same for Ebay. They're bit pricey.

Oh Yeah, It works fine for meat too. :)cool:) I like steak sandwiches and it slices an inexpensive, tough roast into GREAT sandwich meat. I adjust it a bit thicker and slice my onions too.

John

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
If you're going to spend money on a meat slicer, try to find an old commercial one. The homeowner specials like Rival are a waste of time and money...they just don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.