Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Let the Powermatic reviews begin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmaxB

Don't know but I have run more than a few pounds {way more} through my PowerMatic II shredder and it is still going. Did have one jam up early on - stuffed to much in the hole at a time - now I let it do the job and not try to force run her. Do have a little sqeek going on here an there. My try the oily leaf......

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Hey guys (and girls!), I went to replace the gears on my Powermatic with the refurb kit and discovered a problem. The gears are held on by 4 machine screws. One of them was stripped out when I took the gear box off. The screws are 4mm x .70. My options are to tap a larger hole and put a 5mm screw in or to keep the 4mm hole and put a long bolt with a locking washer and nut on it. Suggestions? In order to put the longer bolt on I'd need to disassemble it further. Either method is no big deal but I'm open to suggestions.

leverhead

Drill and tap would be the easiest, just watch where the chips end up around plastic gears. Maybe put some Vaseline around the area to catch the chips. Clean-up with q-tips.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
If it is not badly stripped you might consider hard Loctite. Wet the bolt with hard Loctite ( 620 I believe) and run it in till it's just snug. It's there to stay. If you ever want to get it out, heat it with a soldering gun and the Loctite softens into a grease like material.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
If it is not badly stripped you might consider hard Loctite. Wet the bolt with hard Loctite ( 620 I believe) and run it in till it's just snug. It's there to stay. If you ever want to get it out, heat it with a soldering gun and the Loctite softens into a grease like material.

Would that be the RED Loctite?

Brown Thumb

I blew the drive gear on the cutter shaft. I Just got off the ph. With Chris, he says that has never happened before and does not even have a spare but will get me . She was locked up from sitting I think, I was not easy on her either trying to get her up and going.
They are always looking to improve the machine and what he told me is awesome. I was going to buy a new one but I will wait now. And run old nelly.
Good people to deal with. Hard to find folks that stand behind there products anymore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 32

Brown Thumb

image.jpgI got the gear today. Cost 11 bucks shipped. I did not want it for free due to I beat the chit out of this thing and I told him that.
I forget to mention. I would take of the cover and check the bolts after every 50 pounds if you are hammering her. My came loose even after locktite them last year. The bolt under the big gear came loose also and that gear is a real sob to get off , cigg is pointing at it.
I took the big gear off and both of the little ones are about shot also.
Called Chris and he is sending them out for 6 bucks.
These folks are fantastic to deal with.
If the machine is flexing or twisting per say I would check the screws.
This is on the first model out, I cannot speak for the newer models.

Boboro

I give mine HELL but damm How many folks you got smokein thar? The Powermatic folks have been good to me also.

Boboro

So I guess you ant prutisapatin in the great Ameaica smoke out the same way as the folks that's theyin to quit.

Brown Thumb

I did not know until tonight and I don't think my selective hearing would not have heard That Nasty , Fowl, message.

Status
Not open for further replies.