Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Greg from se Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.

grgfinney

.Hello everyone i,m a otr driver ,tried to grow my own tobacco this year and learned a few things. I,ve been reading alot on this site, thanks to all the knowledge of the members of this site i have no doubt i will be able to grow some good baccy next year too late in mi this year.This site if very informative and quite amusing also.Cant wait to try the virginia brightleaf and burley on the way from wholeleaf when i get to the house in another week

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Welcome Greg!

You'll like it a lot here, good to see more "Faces" from here in Michigan, I know of atleast 1 other Michi-(gander,ganian?) feel free to ask any questions you might have!

-Michibacy

Rayshields

Welcome, Greg! Raising your own tobacco can become quite a passion...can be time consuming...or all consuming, if you plant too many plants the first time out like I did. Enjoy the fun and wisdom.

grgfinney

Should be alright if i can talk my wife into taking care of them,40by60 area as many as i can fit ,she didnt want a garden either but i got her taking care of that now, dont think she will mind spending the extra cash from savings though

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Yessir, this far north you will definitely need to start early. I started in March if I remember correctly. I will probably start 4 weeks later this next year. I also will be expanding my garden size next year. (Got my girlfriend/soon to be fiance' to agree to it haha).

Happy growing!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
well. welcome to a fellow truck driver,

i deliver fertilizer, all over, florida, and south ga,

i may spend one night away from home, but mostly im home nightlly,

baccy grows, a long season,

so im sure, the time YOU ARE HOME'' will give you just enough time to tend to them,and prepare your wife to take care of them

with a occansionally spraying, here, and there, from 2-3 different mixes,

baccy is perfect for a o,t,r, driver,

your home. you do things, you leave, and the baccy just grows,,,e,t,c,

grgfinney

well. welcome to a fellow truck driver,

i deliver fertilizer, all over, florida, and south ga,

i may spend one night away from home, but mostly im home nightlly,

baccy grows, a long season,

so im sure, the time YOU ARE HOME'' will give you just enough time to tend to them,and prepare your wife to take care of them

with a occansionally spraying, here, and there, from 2-3 different mixes,

baccy is perfect for a o,t,r, driver,

your home. you do things, you leave, and the baccy just grows,,,e,t,c,
y

I plan on looking for a local gig tben i can work on more redneck projects around the house i know what you mean about them seat belts riding around chicago now lots of scenery

BarG

Founding Member
grgfinney

You aint the only one shocked by Rays grow. He did what I did and has to handle all that now. I had to reinvent my hanging areas and capacitys with a good crop of tobacco this year. I wouldn't be surprised if rayshields aint doing the same.

SmokeStack

Welcome Greg! I am from the south-east Michigan area myself - in Oakland county. It's nice to have another Michigander on board - it is helpful to relate to someone in the same climate zone. This year is the first time that I am growing tobacco, and, thanks to the members of the forum, my crop is looking very good. You will find a wealth of information on this forum and friendly people to help you with any questions or problems you might have.

I started late planting this year so I am hoping things will turnout - but already I have Yellow Orinoco that is 4 feet tall. I will post some pictures soon on my grow-blog so you can see.

I do have a few plants (seedlings) left over that are quite large now (around 8 inches or larger) and can still be planted in time for this year. They should be ready to harvest by the frost date, but you may have to cure them indoors. I have about 8 Yellow Twist Bud (Burley) and 10 Florida Sumatra (Cigar). See photos below. Send me a PM if you are interested and you can pick them up. If not I will end up throwing them away.:(

YELLOW TWIST BUD seedling.jpgYELLOW TWIST BUD

FLORIDA SUMATRA seedling.jpgFLORIDA SUMATRA

I hope to see your grow-blog next year!

Marco

BTW The tobacco that you ordered from www.WholeLeafTobacco.com is excellent - you wont be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.