Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

How much fertilizer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
You definitely don't want to use that Potassium Chloride, not only does it kill all the micro flora in your soil, it also negatively affects the way your tobacco burns. I'd look around for Potassium Sulfate.

dkh2

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my
Now for the K20 Potash When to add it to the soil ?
My soil test said add 80 pounds per acre as a Maintenance Recommendation
or a little more than 4 pounds for my little patch. And the only type I can find around here
is Muriate of Potash
But for tobacco it's ......Sulfate of potash isn't it ?

I thats what I'm trying to find......Sulfate of potash

LeftyRighty

Founding Member
you can usually find potassium sulfate at most full-service garden centers, or you can buy off ebay.
it's available in pellet or powdered form - either way 80#/acre is not much and you'll probably have to blend it with something else (fertilizer, sand, whatever) to get even distribution.

My soil tests indicated about 2 lbs per 1000 sq ft - about the same rate, and my garden is less than 1000 sq ft.. I got the powdered form and am going to apply in solution form in my handpump sprayer, half before setting the starts and the remainder a few weeks later. please note: K2SO4 is not readily soluable in water, requires hot water, lots of agitation and a little time. Don't apply directly to the plants, will cause injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.