Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Off topic posts

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The last thing I ever wanted to do is become heavy handed with anything I do here. I tried making some people try to understand the importance of staying on topic and there is no way to get some people to understand.

I tried making light of the situation, but in reality, some of the forum threads looked completely disorganized. This makes the whole site look bad and I just can't allow that.

Sorry for offending anyone, but I don't think it's too much to ask for you to start a new discussion for questions or comment unrelated to the discussion you're reading at the time. If you don't know if it's off topic, read the title of the thread your in. If your question is about fertilizer and you're reading a thread on importing tobacco...start a new thread.

I'm left with no choice other than to delete off topic posts. No matter what I do, someone is going to complain or have a problem with it. My hands are tied...I can not allow the forum to fall into complete disarray.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
No offending done here Don, It's a necessary thing to be done, I now understand what you wanted with this site, it appears you want a very well organized forum like a file cabinet with a folder for each conversation. You're doing well, keep up the good work, I myself will try to stay on topic as much as possible, thanks for the great site!

-Michibacy

Boboro

I'm a likely offender. But in the future I want go off topic I under stand you want to keep it clean.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it's the best baccy site on the web,

i agree, with your conclusion don,

BarG

Founding Member
The last thing I ever wanted to do is become heavy handed with anything I do here. I tried making some people try to understand the importance of staying on topic and there is no way to get some people to understand.

I tried making light of the situation, but in reality, some of the forum threads looked completely disorganized. This makes the whole site look bad and I just can't allow that.

Sorry for offending anyone, but I don't think it's too much to ask for you to start a new discussion for questions or comment unrelated to the discussion you're reading at the time. If you don't know if it's off topic, read the title of the thread your in. If your question is about fertilizer and you're reading a thread on importing tobacco...start a new thread.

I'm left with no choice other than to delete off topic posts. No matter what I do, someone is going to complain or have a problem with it. My hands are tied...I can not allow the forum to fall into complete disarray.

Don, I commend you.

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.
No matter the disarray at the moment You are taking the right steps to improve and make life easier for all concerned.

BarG

Founding Member
Don, if even one of my posts strays....delete the sucker.

Tom, I think that whole idea is to avoid deleting or relocating posts to new threads and topics.."Jibber Jabber".
I believe he's just reiterating what we seem to forget that he is trying to make and keep this the best tobacco forum on the web.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
we. all are a tight nit, group of people,

some post daily, and we have a nice comradary with each other,

im sure, all of us on here, are like the one i met,'' workhorse''

..and i believe we could all have a b-b-q- togheter, without no fighting,{ all my redneck b-b-q's usually end up with '' issues'']

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Sure, I already made a sub-forum in "General" called Off Topic. There were a couple of conversations moved there (one was 3 pages long...more off-topic posts than on-topic) and that's when the real trouble started...so I just deleted them. It's been pretty quiet ever since.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Sure, I already made a sub-forum in "General" called Off Topic. There were a couple of conversations moved there (one was 3 pages long...more off-topic posts than on-topic) and that's when the real trouble started...so I just deleted them. It's been pretty quiet ever since.

i believe, all the members are respecting your issues,

and complying,

i dont believe no-one got rubbed the wrong way '' over it ''

..you made it clear, this isnt face-book, or some other social media website,

this website, is devoted to the serious,

get down to business, home growing your own tobacco,
and we all know, that by the month, thousands, of people contiplate, the thought, of doing it,

and im sure all of us, want this site, to be the bullseye, when they set thier site's onto growing thier own baccy,

and start the research TO FIND OUT HOW,

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
That's not exactly what I was suggesting. I would hope everyone continues their banter in the appropriate place. In an earlier post, I specifically said I didn't want everyone to start answering questions like a dictionary. The human element is an important part in the forum.

Brown Thumb

Yea, Like He said !! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is a growing and learning enviroment.
Yea, still learning how to type Myself. Sorry.
Tom

johnlee1933

Founding Member
That's not exactly what I was suggesting. I would hope everyone continues their banter in the appropriate place. In an earlier post, I specifically said I didn't want everyone to start answering questions like a dictionary. The human element is an important part in the forum.

I have read all said on this subject. I believe I understand the intent and will comply. I have been a member for ~ a year and I believe have read (or at least scanned) every post in that time. I have learned a lot (not just about tobacco) and been amused. FTT's member group has a wealth of knowledge on a variety of subjects.

I am going to watch with interest to see what happens now. As usual I have a guess and want to see whether or not it is correct.

John

Randy

I just wanted to say that BarG is the nicest,bestlooking,mostkind person on this form thatanyone should have the honuor to met would agree with me....he is honest...kind...thoughtful...and polite not to mention words I cant spell...

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I just wanted to say that BarG is the nicest,bestlooking,mostkind person on this form thatanyone should have the honuor to met would agree with me....he is honest...kind...thoughtful...and polite not to mention words I cant spell...

i guess you didnt see his picture, of him besides a upside down dead boar<?

he looked to me like some word's that i do know how to spell,<!!!!!