Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Share your blends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_in_TN

Hey, Buzz Killington your assessment of the situation is probably right and we can count on Big T to 'kick the little growers and farmers in the backside'.

A tax on whole leaf may not justify the cost to collect it but when it comes time to wipe out the competition, us, they'll put it in place, and/or place heavy regulations on growing it. I'm certain cash is flowing into legislator's and politician's pockets, and there is PLENTY more where that came from....the public's purchase of commercial tobacco. When the time comes to push legislation forward that flow of cash can be increased to flood levels. That is the 'crony' capitalist way, is it not?

And to stay on topic here, I'm looking forward to smoking a pure blend of ootz leaves from my Izmir Ozbas planting. Wonder if they would be better with a nice, warm spice casing of cinnamon/nutmeg flavors added?

Last edited:

olivercramden

Hey, Buzz Killington your assessment of the situation is probably right and we can count on Big T to 'kick the little growers and farmers in the backside'.

A tax on whole leaf may not justify the cost to collect it but when it comes time to wipe out the competition, us, they'll put it in place, and/or place heavy regulations on growing it. I'm certain cash is flowing into legislator's and politician's pockets, and there is PLENTY more where that came from....the public's purchase of commercial tobacco. When the time comes to push legislation forward that flow of cash can be increased to flood levels. That is the 'crony' capitalist way, is it not?

And to stay on topic here, I'm looking forward to smoking a pure blend of ootz leaves from my Izmir Ozbas planting. Wonder if they would be better with a nice, warm spice casing of cinnamon/nutmeg flavors added?

Sorry about the thread hijack. Was compelled by forces beyond my control. my bad (I think I've got meds around here somewhere, yeah, FullVirginiaFlake....mmmmmm)

Last edited:

olivercramden

Hey, no problem.

Are you doing any blending with whole leaf?
No, my blending up to this point has been limited to pipe tobacco. I've contemplated gyo for some time, and now that I'm in possession of a couple acres, there's no excuse!
I'm here getting as much education as possible before the coming season. Great resource, btw!

SmokeStack

No, my blending up to this point has been limited to pipe tobacco. I've contemplated gyo for some time, and now that I'm in possession of a couple acres, there's no excuse!
I'm here getting as much education as possible before the coming season. Great resource, btw!

Oliver, this is my first year growing. I started growing because I wanted to blend my own pipe tobacco. I have found blending tobaccos, that are readily available on many online stores, are somewhat bland and do not yield quality pipe blends. I have ordered several different varieties of whole leaf from Whole Leaf Tobacco and discovered a huge difference in quality. The blends I have made using whole leaf (after fermenting of course) were much more fragrant and full flavored. This year I planted 13 different varieties and I am anxiously waiting until they are ready to smoke. I intend to blend my own cigarette tobacco and especially pipe tobacco.

With a few acres you can easily plant several varieties. What type of pipe tobaccos do you currently smoke, that is, English, Virginias, Virginia/Periques, Aromatics, Burleys, etc? Do you plan on growing for cigarette tobacco?

The nice thing about growing your own is that you can create unique high quality blends. Also, there are several "sub-varieties". For example, there are several types of Burley tobaccos and each variety produces it's own unique flavor. The possibilities are virtually endless and you can spend a lifetime coming up with new blends.

Good luck growing next year!

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Oliver, Where in the world (general area) are you from? Knowing your approximate location will localize the help you get. You can add it to your profile if you've a mind to.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.