Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Brown Thumbs First Week Harvesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
That grow looks good Brown Thumb. I ran out of spare time to continue priming and started stalk curing most of my plants with the upper 1/2-2/3 leaves. I cured last year on long wires similar to that with a whole lot of the same variety at a time primed. This year I had to change it up.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I agree buying oil sucks. I've avoided all I can, hope by the time my back gives out from bucking wood also we'll have money for oil.

Just a thought, probably won't pan out, but you do have a lot of barter bucks in your field; what about putting an add in your local craigslist for someone to buck your wood in return for picking and filling their truck with tobacco?
I do 5 cords a year I did about 2 1/2 so far this year and I do not think I can do any more due to my back.
sucks buying oil if the solar is not getting enough heat.

Boboro

I cut in march no leaves ant hot and sap is risin' wood is my heat in the winterand I like it warm

Brown Thumb

Brown Thumb? A real misnomer!

Nice workmanship in the building. And is that a 40 size Bipe in the loft?
I did not know what a misnomer is, I had to google it, I can not grow crap. Until this year I used Horse Crap and lots of it 6 to 12 inches tilled in twice. My Veg. garden is half the size it ever was and puts out like, You Know.
4 zuccini plants wont stop putting out Baseball bats over night. Cucumbers I yanked them Plants out after 100. Qts, of pickels.
I give them away and people bring me zuccini bread back. WTF. Cantalope and Water Melons out the Gonizga.
Just cant keep the deer out of the sweet Corn.
Oh Yea, the plane. That one is a 15 yr old arf made by a company out of business I do not remember the scale it was about 4 ft. wingspan made by a company out of the country , not china Junk. They made like 6 diff. models. They Flew awesome for arf,s.
Balsa over foam and Finished Painted. That one has never been flown. I have a couple of Byrons if intrested.
Thanks on the garage I had to hand cut and notch ever log . The lumber came from josslins sawmill in VA.

Brown Thumb

I cut in march no leaves ant hot and sap is risin' wood is my heat in the winterand I like it warm
That is when I usually do mine. But I was Too Busy watching the Tobacco plants grow.
Just like I am watching them cure now , Awesome colors.
I never got to Hanging them 300 leaves on the table tonight

Tom_in_TN

Real nice crop and hanging area. Getting the crop up to harvest stage is easy compared to the harvesting part. Same with me as I am in that stage and thinking "Why did I plant this much tobacco?" The work is hard but if everything goes alright there will be some good smoking time down the road.

One thing I want to try next year is to raise as much as this year, maybe more, but recruit some help with the workload and share the harvest.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'm assuming an empty one at that, that'd definitely ensure none goes to waste!

Brown Thumb

If you still have too much next time in pa i will pm you any place to park a 18 wheeler?
They got my logs in for my house & garage no problem, All the truck drivers I meet can only go forward.
You are welcome to come and pick anything you want. Just shoot me a PM. Plenty of room for the truck.
Tom

grgfinney

cool i'll be in horsham pa at ups thur night dont know where i will go after that. The drivers you know must be flatbedders us van guys make our money backing into docks

Brown Thumb

cool i'll be in horsham pa at ups thur night dont know where i will go after that. The drivers you know must be flatbedders us van guys make our money backing into docks
Most are flat beds . I have a buddie that used go to everywhere so I could get stuff shipped cheap if he did not have a haul back or to.
He had a Double Sleeper and a 40 foot trailer and would back in my shop and I never knew it. It is tough.
Then roadway with a single axle and a 20 foot trailer blocked traffic for 3 hrs jammed in between my building and a neighbors house. ????
Most drivers stop on the side of the highway and ask for help getting in. I say you stand out there , They say no. then use your truck to stop them and use your mirriors to get in.
They get pissed.
Tom

grgfinney

I have driven in nyc i have no problem blocking the road and making 4 wheelers angry,was in knoxville yesterday in chicago now as luck would have it i have a run to secuacus nj tonight so i will make it by there i will pm my phone # in a few

grgfinney

Thanks again Tom for all the hospitality and the tobacco very nice to meet good people nowadays when everyone is all about themselves god bless you and your family,Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.