Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Brown Thumbs First Week Harvesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

HPIM2213.JPGHPIM2206.JPGHPIM2207.JPGHPIM2210.JPGHPIM2209.JPGHPIM2217.JPGHPIM2224.JPGHPIM2229.JPGHPIM2219.JPGHPIM2212.JPG
4800 leaves so far. About half way done, I do not know what is more enjoyable. Harvesting tobacco or cutting & splitting Firewood.
Hanging is Va 309, Havana Gold species unknown, and Va Gold.
The Va509 I will stalk cure, that is the stuff my kid is standing next to. He is 5 ft. tall.
I have free leaf for anyone Local that wants to come & pick it. I grew waaay too much.

Brown Thumb

Nice looking crop. Where in PA? I used to live in Bethlehem In Pic #6 I see an RC biplane. Do you fly?

John
Thanks, I live near Bangor, But my shop is on 512 above Bath in Moorestown.
There are probably 10 planes up there. I used to fly alot but my eyesight and coordination is shot for the fast funstuff anymore, But I have teaching my kid to fly electric.
Tom

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Thanks, I live near Bangor, But my shop is on 512 above Bath in Moorestown.
There are probably 10 planes up there. I used to fly alot but my eyesight and coordination is shot for the fast funstuff anymore, But I have teaching my kid to fly electric.
Tom

Yeah, me too. Right now it's Telemaster's or nothing. Tobacco is a lot slower and easier to bring in.

J

Brown Thumb

Yeah, me too. Right now it's Telemaster's or nothing. Tobacco is a lot slower and easier to bring in.

J
I can not agree with that bringing in tobacco part at the moment. I have a really bad back, lots of bulging discs.
I really fired one up moving snowmobiles around to hang the tobacco I can barley walk.
I got my kid a Hobby Zone Cub. It Crashes really well. I had to cut down a big old dogwood tree to retrieve it the other day. It survived both crashes.
Tom

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i think we need to change your name,

after that impressive harvest, your a '' GREEN THUMB''...

very nice curing area also,

and bud< if you grew too much cure it,

and sell it by hands whole leaf '' locally'' make a sign and place it by the road,?

or take a bunch to the flea-market,

i bet you wouldnt be coming home with any ,, you took.

Brown Thumb

i think we need to change your name,

after that impressive harvest, your a '' GREEN THUMB''...

very nice curing area also,

and bud< if you grew too much cure it,

and sell it by hands whole leaf '' locally'' make a sign and place it by the road,?

or take a bunch to the flea-market, Thank you ,Tom wouldnt be coming home with any ,, you took.
I had to put most of the toys outside. I told my kids they needed a bath to get my garage back.
No good places to sell around here. One flea market and I have no time. Thank You,
Tom

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Wow..
Brown thumb my ass....

Wait that sentence doesn't work as intended.

Holy crap tho nice grow!!!

Maybe sign at the corner to read "u pick it 25 cents a leaf"

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
dont turn your back on a dollar,

i'd do it as a experiment, to see what the buying base may be.

i'd be intrested to see if you had no problem with selling it,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
View attachment 1563View attachment 1555View attachment 1556View attachment 1557View attachment 1558View attachment 1559View attachment 1560View attachment 1561View attachment 1562View attachment 1564
4800 leaves so far. About half way done, I do not know what is more enjoyable. Harvesting tobacco or cutting & splitting Firewood.
Hanging is Va 309, Havana Gold species unknown, and Va Gold.
The Va509 I will stalk cure, that is the stuff my kid is standing next to. He is 5 ft. tall.
I have free leaf for anyone Local that wants to come & pick it. I grew waaay too much.

I wish I still lived in A town. I'd like to see your spread but 4 hours each way is a bit much for me now.How far off I-84 (or 80) is your patch?
I vote for splitting and stacking wood.

J

Brown Thumb

10 min. off the Portland exit off 80. Before the water gap. You will fill a truck No Problem.
Tom

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i like the way, you can easilly walk under the crop,

and if needed, be, a heat sorce could be placed under it, and heat rises, so wheres it going,?

right where it needs to be, in your crop,

Brown Thumb

i like the way, you can easilly walk under the crop,

and if needed, be, a heat sorce could be placed under it, and heat rises, so wheres it going,?

right where it needs to be, in your crop,
I feel like a ?, I play with my curing leaves more than my wife?
and I enjoy it.
Up to 6000 leaves. Just got past the garage doors from hell.
Curing nice, no mold , Looking Good So far.

Brown Thumb

I cut split and stack acouple cords a year. Not a good hobbie thank God for the hydorioc spliter
I do 5 cords a year I did about 2 1/2 so far this year and I do not think I can do any more due to my back.
sucks buying oil if the solar is not getting enough heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.