Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Too close to Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I don't know if any one saw yesterdays and todays news, But the guy who went nuts in
College Station, Texas happened just a few blocks from my wifes new job for Texas AgLife on A&M campus. Its scary when you hear a civilian woman was one of the casualtys. Thank goodness that was not my woman, but I feel it more being so close for whose ever it was.

People take the "kill em all and let God sort it out " all wrong. Were talking about them.
The crazy suckers. Not the innocents.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Yeah, but you guys are lucky in Texas, you can carry guns and actually shoot bad people. Here in Maryland there is a big court battle going on to allow the state to become a "shall issue" state meaning they must issue you a gun permit for no other reason other than you want one ( and you are not a felon). God forbid if a law abiding citizen shoots a criminal in Maryland. The lawyers all line up with the dirtbag and try to figure out how they can nail the innocent person to the wall. Its a really suck ass state to live in. But gun carrying or not, it's still gotta be scary when something like that actually happens.

Boboro

I have started to carry some times on a construction job that I just dont' feel safe at. Ill' problly shoot my self in the leg.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i'd suggest you mention the idea soflly to her,

[ if she's shy on gun's ]

of getting her, a small womans handgun to carry in her purse, and explain to her, that most cops never use thier sidearm in thier whole carrer,!!!!!!!

i'd get her a small 9 mm with pink grips, if that makes her feel more comfortabblly with it,

and explain to her, she may never have to put her hands on it, for protective purposes,
but if she ever needs, it IN THIS CRAZY WORLD we live in , '' it will be there''

and take her to the range, and teach her how to use the fire-arm,

and then take her back every 90 days, to let her shoot, and get real familiar with the way the gun operates,

my daughters, 17, and 16, have both shot handguns,,, shotguns,,,, and my .50 calibur black powder rifle, with 110 grains of powder,
they tried my compound bow, but couldnt pull the string back<<<<<<lol

i got me some redneck girl's, im gonna make some redneck boy proud of my teaching's i send them out in the world with,,,

with luck, one day my future son-in-law will shake my hand and tell me i did a good job,

leverhead

Yeah, but you guys are lucky in Texas, you can carry guns and actually shoot bad people.

What I would really like is a pair of .50 Cals under the hood of my truck, for some of these morons in traffic. It's a sweet dream, but a train horn works almost as well and doesn't leave burning piles of trash in the road. I can't carry, too many temptations.

When I first moved here there was no open container law, beer and gun racks were very common in traffic. Road rage didn't happen often, but when it did, it usually started out with "among the wounded were"

BarG

Founding Member
Both my son in laws have carry permits, I'm glad for my daughters and grandkids. My generation never bothered with such things. And still don't.:rolleyes: Another form of registering your firearm.

jeapadrenaline

Oh gosh, at least you guys can own and use handguns. Us canadians ar f*%ed in that sense. I guess our government is so corrupted that they are afraid of having an ordinary citizen owning any sort of handgun. For the few of us who got a licence to own handguns, we need to get special permits to transport them to the range and back, and if we are transporting, it can only be from point a to point b.... no stopping at a gas station to get fuel allowed. And heaven forbid, if you wa t to do target shooting on your own land with a handgun, but rifle is ok.

BarG

Founding Member
Rifles are great Jeapadrenaline. I would prefer that over a pistol any day. Your in one of the finest hunting countrys in the world.

jeapadrenaline

Oh dont get me wrong, i love my rifles a lot, but where and how i live, it would be a great deal safer if i could carry a sidearm while gold panning or doing firewood and the likes. I have had a few close encounters with mrs.Grizzly and her kids, and a moose cow is scary when she wants you to leave. So far i been able to get away unhurt in these encounters. It just seems that a rifle is always placed to far away or in the wrong direction, should the need to use it arise.

BarG

Founding Member
A good ole 30 30 over the shoulder brush gun dont cut it. I aint jealous.
You have to learn how to cock it like the rifleman.Give mama grizz a clear path and count your blessings.

BarG

Founding Member
Anyway a good closing to this story in my book is there is no trial to fuel the media for months and years to come. The lawyers are just getting started but, The sorry guy got his 15 min. of fame and just rewards[ HELLFIRE] :cool: and the average person can put it behind them.

indianjoe

Founding Member
Here, when you cross the state line you are searched for knives and guns. If you don't have one, they'll give you at least one and send you on your way :)

Aaron

Here, when you cross the state line you are searched for knives and guns. If you don't have one, they'll give you at least one and send you on your way :)

What's really funny is the "they" he refers to isn't the police. It's them good ol' boys down there that keep things in check.

Tom_in_TN

BarG, when bad things happen to good people, and in close proximity to someone you love, the emotions begin to well-up and you begin to wonder all sorts of things. Something weird has been going on these past few years with all these seemingly random shootings take place. The real scary part to me is these gunmen/killers seem to have lost all human feelings for others, they are conscienceless, even for their own life. They seem to have lost what it is that makes us human. It makes one wonder if they have had it 'programmed' out of them.

So, protect yourself folks.

Rayshields

Tim, if you get the wife a pistol and take her for shooting lessons, there may come a time when you will need to look up the lyrics to "Pistol packin momma lay that pistol down."

I am not making light of the situation or the serious emotions that course through you when someone you love has a close call...I am just playing.

Tom_in_TN

Rayshields, I got that song, 'Pistol Packin Momma" sung by Gene Gordner out of Montana. Actually, I have some video of him playing his guitar and singing a lot more than just that song. Gene is a really good western singer/artist and way better than most others I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.