Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Bitin off more than you can chew

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
Alligator mouth and a hummingbird ass Ha ha . If I hadn't had to work this summer I would have doubled my crop.:rolleyes:

SmokeStack

Alligator mouth and a hummingbird ass Ha ha . If I hadn't had to work this summer I would have doubled my crop.:rolleyes:

I understand you perfectly. I work during the day and tend my crop in the evening. Only if I had more time!

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
This year I did half as much as last year, then towards the end of this grow season I started sampling lugs from the current crop... next year I will have more time due to a different schedule and plan on going all out (for me) so am gonna shoot for 100 plants of what I'm growing this year

BigBonner

Founding Member
I have 155000 to 165000 getting ready to top . There for a while I didn't think I was going to have to worry about any plants . I thought mother nature was going to take care of that for me .
Maybe next year I will get back to what I used to raise and that would be tripple . Unless Big Tobacco doesn't pay more and make it worth while .

I need to get rid of some old Burley to make room for the new .

Be carefull of how much farming you growers do .Farm in moderation . Farming is mentally harmfull and alot of farmers comit suicide .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2802368/ It does happen in the USA . I personally would not want to try it . It would hurt too much .

BarG

Founding Member
The only thing I hate about pain ....is pain.:rolleyes: I cant imagine a crop that size and the amount of wet rags to keep your fingers and hands from sticking together. My little bitty crop put a burden on me. I

I'm glad you got a harvest this year considering the drought BigBonner.
I wouldn't trade it for nothin. Maybe a new F150.
Youve been right all along on the needs for water and tobacco. I followed your guidelines and was impressed .

Rayshields

Larry, did you plant later than most in your area? Maybe I was so excited to grow tobacco for the first time that I rushed into it. Your weather isn't a lot different from mine except you have a more mild winter that starts a bit later.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Larry, did you plant later than most in your area? Maybe I was so excited to grow tobacco for the first time that I rushed into it. Your weather isn't a lot different from mine except you have a more mild winter that starts a bit later.

I was a little later than some growers . What I planted was set back from extremely hot and dryer than usual weather . My tobacco all season long has had around 3 inches of rain so far .
A few farmers are starting to harvest .But it is still early .

Smokstack

I use lefty and righty . Most of the time its just me , my son and sometimes my brother . Its all topped by hand .

I need to get to making videos .

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Maybe run some fire sales on the old burley to liquidate some :) I know I'd be down for some clearance!

Tom_in_TN

BigBonner, you are doing some tremendous work to top your planting by hand. Hope after that you get the right amount of rain to grow that leaf.

BigBonner

Founding Member
BigBonner, you are doing some tremendous work to top your planting by hand. Hope after that you get the right amount of rain to grow that leaf.

There are times tobacco needs rain more than others . Like for topping , it takes rain before and after topping to make the tobacco leaves spread and lay on the pounds . This is where quality and proffit comes in to play .

Status
Not open for further replies.