Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Austalia- looking bad... real bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Anyone catch the news today? If I read the article correctly ( I just skimmed it) The Australian courts upheld the law that mandates removing all Name Brand colors, logos and actual brand names from boxes of cigarettes and will replace the blank box with pictures of " victims of tobacco", scary pictures of lung cancer patients, people with their mouths eaten away etc. There is no recourse. This sets the stage for other "progressive" governments to follow suit. I don't think anything like that will happen in the USA in my lifetime but you might see them pass laws making items like the Powermatic shredder illegal, labeling them as... "tobacco paraphanlia". Very scary and very sad at the same time.

leverhead

The "War on _______" (fill in the blank with the fashion of the week) hasn't been terribly effective, except for eroding individual rights and creating a spare parts market for used military equipment. I don't see the money trail in the war on tobacco, I'm sure it's there somewhere, I just don't see it. Bloomburg just wants to be president, so that explains his mouth. Head shops became smoke shops, bongs became water pipes and the world moves on. Tobacco users are already lower class citizens, so what are they going to do now?

Matty

Canada is "observing" what Australia is doing, considering following suit. Our cig packs already have gruesome pictures on them that legally have to cover something like 80% of the picture on the pack. The idea behind the change to a drab green color and gory picture is said to "discourage youth from smoking" because "everything is about brand and image these days". Total BS and everyone knows it, well anyone who dosen't HATE tobacco anyway. Feels like the hammer is falling fast up here in Canada :(

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Sounds like I'm going to have to change the name of tobacco to "Decorative Autumn Leaves". Then I guess they'll have to outlaw those too.

I'm seriously beginning to believe the only legal tobacco will be from growing your own... it's the last frontier...and even that will be somewhat short lived.

Smuggling tobacco seeds will be the heroin of the 22nd century. There must really be something to controlling the masses that tobacco prohibits.

Tom_in_TN

In ancient times 'gods' used tobacco by sniffing, chewing and/or smoking it. The practice of tobacco use was taken up by mortals and continues to this day. Don, there could be something to your observation, "There must really be something to controlling the masses that tobacco prohibits." This thread could get into 'high strangeness' before much longer.

Maybe I could place a photo of myself on a pack of "Lucky Me" since I am a victim of the evil weed and appear to be very scary, according to some people, if I have not recently showered and shaved.

darren1979

First Time Grower
Its been rumored this will happen in the uk. Im sure a lot of the world will be looking at what happens in Australia and taking notes, at the moment you cant have cigarettes on display in supermarkets and tobacco advertising has been banned.

I heard a rumor that a cigarette company will be bringing out a silicone cigarette case to cover over the un-branded box's if the law gets passed here, its gonna be an interesting one to watch for sure.

Rayshields

Boboro, are you insinuating that we need to expand the ATF to ATFS...Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Sex?

I once saw a bumper sticker that said "Beer - Helping ugly people have sex since 1503."

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
the more '' big-government''

takes away from the common-folk,

perhaps all they are doing is laying logs, to a massive revolt fire,,, that will brew one day,

the people will only take so much gov, intrusion in thier lives, before they fight back,

leverhead

the people will only take so much gov, intrusion in thier lives, before they fight back,

I think you're on the right track Chicken. It's only SOME people that will do something about it, there's allot of "sheep" in the world that are tolerant of this kind of crap. Somewhere in the past, I've read that only 30% of the people supported the American Revolution. It would probably be as hard to get started as it would be to stop.

Boboro

Boboro, are you insinuating that we need to expand the ATF to ATFS...Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Sex?

I once saw a bumper sticker that said "Beer - Helping ugly people have sex since 1503."
I think sex is the one thing the gov. dont' want to control. You cant' watch the idoit box with the grand kids with out turin' red.

wazzappenning

Sounds like I'm going to have to change the name of tobacco to "Decorative Autumn Leaves". Then I guess they'll have to outlaw those too.

I'm seriously beginning to believe the only legal tobacco will be from growing your own... it's the last frontier...and even that will be somewhat short lived.

Smuggling tobacco seeds will be the heroin of the 22nd century. There must really be something to controlling the masses that tobacco prohibits.

well i think the idea is to humble those opposed to smoking, then you end up with less smokers, so you up the price...again.
i think they love their tax dollars too much to ever completely ban smoking.

on the issue of no artwork, well i kindof agree. years ago i thought if they were serious about kids not starting, then plain brown cardboard with the brand name. then kids dont see the candy colored boxes and think "one day ill try those"

of course in canada and abroad they have already made display, advertising and sponsoring illegal, so kids dont get to see those pretty packs. replacing the artwork with stomach turning images seems kindof redundant now. i would just go with plain boring brown cardboard, theres no exitement there. even those gross images are all nice and colorful you know.

agree with me or not but i dont think kids should start. they are not going to go after what we have. they are going to the store to pick up whatever brand and i dont think its good.

i bought a pack of northfield (canadian version of american spirit). if it truly is natural no additive tobacco, then how come after half a pack i wake up in the middle of the night with a familliar pain in my throat, lungs? im really starting to believe fsc's are worse than anything else.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
one chemical is as bad as the other,

whatever they spray the baccy with to make it a f.p.c.

cant be good for the lungs.

Boboro

think NASCAR WAS better when it was the Winston cup Our county is run by jack asses that cant' look in the mirrow and find the problem.

wazzappenning

fsc used to be corn stach applied in 2 or 3 bands around the inside of the tube. then someone invented a better way (because i can't see it being cheaper) using metalic nanoparticles. one of which is yttrium which is radioactive.

ive seen online that they want to do the same to our tubes. if that happens i guess ill have to start making cigarillos.

BarG

Founding Member
You have to see the progressives for what they are. And treat them appropriately, Before they treat you.

Know your enemy!:cool:

Seanz

This is going to happen here before long and from what i have seen Sheeple are quite happy with it to help stop the kiddies from smoking the nast nasty ciggies, but they still put out those flavoured bloody alco pops

Status
Not open for further replies.