Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A cast iron constitution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I only got stung by one wasp today. It was a hit and run. I've only been hit by 2 scorpions this summer. They only sting for a minute but leave a good welt. I only got stuck once the other day by one of those real pointy plants that hurt like hell. If I see a poisonous snake or arachnid, I may have to keep my distance. Call my wife to kill it for me:rolleyes:

Edit: The only thing I hate about pain; ......is pain!

jeapadrenaline

Knock on wood, the only thing i been stung by this year is a gazillion mosquitos.
I seem to be alergic to pain, as i end up breaking out in a rash.... of screams.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Haven't had too many stings stungs or nibbles but I contracted MRSA...nearly as fun as a wasp sting

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
The only snake I saw this year was in the grass on the side of the road, and I only saw it after my tractor tire saw it and split it open. Crows cleaned the mess up the next day.

The only pests to bite were the damn deerflys. Hate those things.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
when i go in the yard,,,,

im followed by a flock of attack chickens,

they wont allow, any inscects to get within a 10 foot perimeter of me,

Steve2md

Having lived in AZ my whole life, I find it a little odd that I just saw my SECOND live, wild scorpion. in an office. While wearing sandals. I caught him in a solo cup, gave him some gin, and sent him on his way outside..as for getting bitten or stung, I've only been getting nailed by mosquitoes for the last year or two. I don't remember there being this many of them growing up. I wonder what has caused the increase of population?

wazzappenning

i guess we have it easy up here. ive never seen a live scorpion. we dont have poisonous snakes or spiders as far as i know. we do have horseflies and when i was a kid i remember funny colored flies that were the same size as houseflies and bit. as far as mrsa, the only thing i can think of that comes close is when a few people ended up with flesh eating disease. and wasps, i just give them a good backhand and they dont come back(guess they dont like that)

our real issue is mosquitoes. horrbly annoying (like fliying in your ear when youre trying to sleep) and spreaders of west nile, but i havent heard of any cases in years, just the off people trying to scare tactic you into buying their product by mentioning it. as far as im concerned they are the scum of the earth. if there was a way to annihalate them all would be good. (as long as dragonflies and bats can survive on something else, cause i wouldnt want to hurt those guys.)

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
in the south we have what is called.. '' LOVEBUGS'',

they were '' invented'' by the university of florida, to kill and eat mosquito's.

but they dont,

they just ruin your paint, and trash a windshield, on a hot day,

they come out 2 times a year,, around may,,, and now, ive just started seeing them again,

be glad you dont have this annoying bug flying around you,

wazzappenning

wow, quite the invention that doesnt work, just competes with "real" bugs for food etc. i never thought they would have allowed such a thing.

i looked at how to get more dragonflies around my place but it was very complicated. build a pond with the right plant life and other stuff. i was hoping it was as simple as planting a certain flower or something. bats would be helpful too, but i never looked at how to attract them.

Boboro

The last few years I have become allergic to the sun. Arms break out in hives.Got bee stung in the spring on the hand when it gets to much sun it breaks out real bad.Been in the sun and bee stung all my life with no problems. Gettin' old sucks.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
The last few years I have become allergic to the sun. Arms break out in hives.Got bee stung in the spring on the hand when it gets to much sun it breaks out real bad.Been in the sun and bee stung all my life with no problems. Gettin' old sucks.
Yep ! But it beats the hell out of the alternative.
John

SmokeStack

Getting stung by a bee means a trip to the hospital for me. I have to carry an epi-pen syringe with me.

Fortunately, we don't have to worry about poisonous snakes, spiders or scorpions where I live.

But the mosquitos this year have been out of control - they are relentless. Maybe it was the mild winter we had - I'm not sure. But it's mandatory to spray on some repellant when I work outside, or else I would get eaten alive - like some science fiction movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.