Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

FREE Heirloom Tobacco seeds program SUSPENDED

I hear ya chicken, maybe we can stop paying the big tobacco companys for cigs next year!

I was wondering how long does it take for the seeds to get shipped? From when you ask after becoming a member?

The seeds are sent out in lots as I have time. Everyone will have there seeds before planting time. If you don't have them by the middle of February, let me know and I'll make sure they were sent.

A couple of years ago, I was using a little mickey mouse post office and about half of all of my orders would get lost. I switched post offices and now most of the orders are delivered. Free seeds can not be sent certified mail, so if you have a "mickey mouse" post office, you might might be in for some disappointment. I only resend once (that's two time total). I even sent seeds with delivery confirmation and they get delivered, just not to the right place.

I had a good laugh a few weeks ago...I sent a member of HowToGrowTobacco.com about 10 different varieties on "promise to pay" terms. He never paid, but after he joined this site, he complained about not getting his free seeds. That's why I don't sell seeds anymore...it's cheeper to give them away than to sell them.

Thank you was just curious how things worked and I thank you for letting me know.

Sorry for the bad experience with selling the seeds. They say it only takes one bad experience to ruin it for everyone else.
    I am glad to see that there is a place where I can go to get advice and secondhand knowledge to help me have a better experience growing my own. So far the only experience I have growing tobacco at this point are a couple plants I had growing in a pepsi bottle while for a while. I am looking forward to trying to grow tobacco again.

More than half of the people who register are nothing more than products of Federal Government Entitlements. They have learned everything is free and nothing has to be earned. When people with "0" posts complain they haven't received their "free" seed, I have no pity. When a regular contributing members say they have not received their seeds, I will send the seeds 10 times until they get them.

Plain and simple..."reap what you sow"

Any member with more than 20 posts...please send me a PM if I'm getting too political.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FmGrowit View Post
    More than half of the people who register are nothing more than products of Federal Government Entitlements. They have learned everything is free and nothing has to be earned. When people with "0" posts complain they haven't received their "free" seed, I have no pity. When a regular contributing members say they have not received their seeds, I will send the seeds 10 times until they get them.

Plain and simple..."reap what you sow"

Any member with more than 20 posts...please send me a PM if I'm getting too political.

Thanks
    So if I send you an email you're going to give me FREE tobacco leaf right?.. I think I'm entitled to it

im lookn forword to growing my own tobacco. Me and my dad are planing on trying a coulpe diffrent strands to see which one is the best. any one know a good begginer seed?

What kind of smoke you looking for?, cigarette, cigar, pipe, chew?????

cigarette

Traditional American cigarettes are usually made with a blend of Burley, Flue Cured and Oriental. The blends are somewhere around 45%/45%/10% respectively, but they can be adjusted according to taste. The Burley is often toasted with a casing mixture that includes chocolate, licorice, vanilla, sugar and any number of other ingredients.

European cigarettes are typically augmented with Fire Cured tobacco for a stronger flavor and English cigarettes have substantially more Flue Cured tobacco in them than any other cigarette.

I personally like Yellow Twist Bud (Burley) and Bursa (Oriental). The lower leaves (lugs) and the middle leaves (cutters) are pretty mild if primed. I toast these leaves with a casing mixture listed in the "Finishing" forum. The upper leaves (tips) are usually very strong in flavor and nicotine...I use about 10% in the blend. The blend includes about 15% Bursa.

Since I found a source for genuine Virginia Bright leave, I've been using it in the blend also. Nobody have developed a flue cure chamber yet, but I'm sure it will be done soon. Once this is done, your own Bright Leaf (Flue Cured) will become a fine addition to your cigarette blend.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast