Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

FREE Heirloom Tobacco seeds program SUSPENDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The Free Seed program has been suspended until further notice. It's too late in the season to send seeds and expect a crop from them. Regular contributing members can still request seeds, just send me a PM.

Register to become a member and
after making five (5) posts on the forum, you will receive FREE tobacco seeds of your choice. For seed selection, go to the Fair Trade Tobacco seed collection page and pick out any variety you want. Send me a PM with your selection along with your mailing address and I'll send you 100 seeds FREE (of one variety)

After 25 substantive posts, members can request another 100 seeds annually of one variety (one word replies or smilie face replies don't count).

After 100 posts, members are entitled to any seeds they want for personal use, annually (up to 100 each of any four varieties) ....all you have to do is ask for them.

All members can select any seeds from this list FREE of charge. All previous conditions still apply, (but just about any excuse will be considered).

Copy and paste your selections in a PM to me along with your address.

The highlighted names will be sent on a first come- first served basis. These seeds will be limited to about 100 seeds per request (maybe a few more depending on the variety.

Thanks for joining FairTradeTobacco.com

Please note....This is not an offer for all the free seeds you want of every variety.

Last edited:

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Don, I'd like to see some kind of quality control inserted in to the seeds people send you. I would not want to get seeds only to find out later that whoever sent them in did not bag the flower heads. Maybe make a checklist for someone before they send seeds to you. Something like were the heads bagged?, any other tobacco grown near you? where did you originally obtain the seeds? How long have you been growing tobacco? etc.

Randy B

dkh2

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my
The seeds I sent in were from the only tobacco plants grown in my county.
The county extension agent said he never has heard of any one growing tobacco here before.
The County population is about 6000 people with a land area bigger than Rhode Island by 100 square miles
My County is 1650 square miles.
And I grew just 5 plants all the same type.

indianjoe

Founding Member
Wow,
I do not know how much more isolated tobacco could get than that. Last year I thought no one grew any within miles, until over an early cup of coffee a neighbor commented about their tobacco plants. I had no idea, just be safe than sorry with your seeding plants.

Hakamo0o

Well I can safely say there is no Tobacco near me, the nearest tobacco farm would be 1000 miles away :cool: and I didn't plant any other type (I only have one type of seed until now). I only let the largest strongest plant to flower and I decapitated the others :rolleyes:

Hakamo0o

Harlincowboy

Thank ya' for letting me join this web site. I'm looking forward ta' finally growing my own tabacco.Could I possibly git some free seeds here? I've never grown tabacco before,.. I've grown Every Thang else though. It can't be that difficult? I Kn0W its late in the season to git started but I live in Salina,KS so the weather is still pretty HOT! Yet I Kn0W fall is just 'round the corner. I'm git'n tired of buying cigarettes though.. LoL.. Could I just Grow a tabacco plant inside the house the whole time? I do have 2 kids and Animals. AnyWays- Thank ya' aLL fer' your time! H0pe ta' hear from ya' Soon.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
FmGrowit is the guy that runs the site ( and supplies the free seeds). He's on a cross country tour now buying tobacco. Not sure if he has email access but I'd say wait a few days or so and you'll probably hear from him.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Some members will hand out some free seeds to . This helps each other and this site to . After this years harvest I may have some seeds to spread out .

Daniel

Banned
Hello Cowboy, I lived in Salina many years ago. I was only 7 at the time but still remember it well. I also have a brother and sister that live there.
The fastest maturing variety I have grown so far was Monte Calm Yellow. It was 16 weeks from seed to harvest. I started 88 more of them 4 weeks ago hoping I could get a few extra leaves in before things freeze over here. As I remember it fall sets in about the same time for you as it does us. very late October to early November for the fist killing frost. I don't see how you are going to squeeze in any sort of harvest for this year.

I did grow three plants in 5 gallon buckets in my shop last winter. so yes you can grow them indoors. i grew them in front of a set of french doors so was able to use natural light.

a single plant may produce enough tobacco for a couple of packs. If you are lucky. so for a continuous harvest you will need about 60 plants growing at any one time. many of them very small and not taking up lots of space. to many of them being large to very large. and the ones near ready to harvest giving you eviction notices. They get really big.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i have some seeds to contribute to the cause,,,,

it was the only strain in flower,,,,,so im sure its pure,,,

i also grew a shrika turkish blend,,,, but it flowered and done its thing way before the big-gem flowered,,,,

i'll gladly do some seed swapping,,,

CaryNC

It's Ergo for me this time around. I have read some favorable reviews so I just have to try it.

I was also looking at TN90, Ottoman H.Y., Monte Calm Yellow, and Turkish Gold (not necessarily in that order). Next will be Turkish Gold if nobody has any extra laying around.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i just recieved a bunch of different seeds,, about 6 strains from a member from this site or another one,,

i wish he'd put his username somewhere, because i dont know exactlly who sent them to me,,,,

and id like to tell him thank-you...

but the next years grow is going to be a damn good one,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.