Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Thereputic Benefits of Tobacco/Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzappenning

Another factor might simply be moderation. A little alcohol can be good, spending every day drunk isn't. I wonder what consumption those centinarians had?

well i also think real tobacco is less addictive and therefore gives you less cravings then commercial low nicotine with added ammonia tobacco. i think the ammonia makes you absorb the nicotine faster, giving your nicotine level more of a spike, and then of course that nic spike would go away faster, and give you a craving very quikly.

so i think all in all keeping it real (tobacco) keeps it real(proper consumption)

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Nobody really likes a little alcohol any more than they like a half a cigarette. Or am I mistaken? Moderation by the moderater huh!;) People who live longer usualy learn how to moderate. I'm from a long lived overindulgent line myself. The mid 80's and 90's is not uncommon.

Edit;" Hit it like you live, hard and fast"
You know what Robert Heinlein said, "Moderation in everything particularly moderation."

J

BarG

Founding Member
It takes a realy moderate person to moderate themselves. They have my respect. An extreme libererterian has my respect. They are so liberated. An extreme leftist gets the s..t end of the stick.

Thats just me .

Last edited:

BarG

Founding Member
Age and doctors have worked well for me.

Went to a doctor one time for an offshore job 12 years ago. They were pissed . could not find anything wrong. Actualy they smile when they tell you, they are pleased. Just can't figure it out.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
if anyone reads, i would recommend Robert Heinlein. Fantastic author. I found him thru Time Enough for Love, and he's become one of my favorites.

BarG

Founding Member
if anyone reads, i would recommend Robert Heinlein. Fantastic author. I found him thru Time Enough for Love, and he's become one of my favorites.

I'll have to read him soon.

How do you submit the links at signature level?

Don't tell me , I want to figure it out. Maybe later.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
As an aside you may not know he was an Annapolis graduate. Just after graduation he was diagnosed with tuberculosis. He regained his health but active Naval duty was out so he was discharged. He once commented "------and at that point I had to figure out a semi honest way to make a living." While what he wrote was called Science Fiction I believe in the later years he was writing philosophy.

John

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
yeah it was the philosophy that intrigued me and kept me reading. i'm no sci fi buff.

he was also an avid smoker, drinker :)

Steve2md

Doc Holliday continued smoking with tb as well. Guess it depends on an individual's personal fortitude.

DonH

I've never read anything by him which is weird since I do like sci fi. What would you recommend I
read first?

Also, to stay on topic, one thing that really angers me is that the FDA prohibits the tobacco companies from claiming one cigarette is safer than another. So there is no incentive to develop safer tobaccos which they could do if they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.