Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

hello from Warrensburg MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangII

I am an 52 year old Grandfather of 4 Boys. Been married to the same lovely woman that I dated in High School. Smoke pipes, cigars, use snuff and snus. Quite cigarettes in 79. I have 2 grown sons, both smoke cigs. I drink Bourbon on occastion and in moderation. Play Paintball regulary. I am a ASE certified Technician, Chrysler Master Technician. Collect Zippos and Pipes.

edm

ChuckP

Howdy and Welcome EdM!

It's sounds like we could be twins separated at birth! However, I'm a bit older have three kids and six grandkids with a seventh on the way. I been married to the love of my life for 33 years and we enjoy brewing our own beer and wine, but also like an occasional Henry McKenna bourbon on the rocks as a Manhattan or an old fashion. I'm a pipe and cigar smoker - growing my own baccy for the last three years.

What varieties are you growing this year? What types of cigars do you like? Chuck

mustangII

Haven't grown any as of yet, Just requested some rustica seeds for signing up here. Right now I have been on a snuff kick. I do enjoy any of the Drew Estates cigars, Acid, Naturals and the others. My Favorite Bouron is Makers 46, Have been known to drink a little Tequela from time to time. Also I am a Leader in Troop 1400 boy scouts and an Unit Commsioner for the Lone Bear district, Heart of America Concile BSA.

edm

mustangII

Here are my pipes

The Briars
pipes031.jpg

The Kirstens
pipes033.jpg

Porcelin and clays
pipes032.jpg

Meerschuams and cobs
pipes034.jpg

edm

BigBonner

Founding Member
Well I have to ask .

Does the exact same tobacco taste different when you switch pipes ?

Larry

mustangII

Most of my pipes are estate pipes and come with a taste of their own. I can tell which pipe has had aromatics smoked in the and which has had english blends smoked in them. So I contenue to smoke them with what was smoked in them. As to flavor from pipe to pipe there is a change from pipe to pipe. The clays, porcelins, Meers and cobs give a truer taste of the tobacco. The kirstens cool the smoke somewhat. each briar adds a taste of it's own to the tobacco.

edm

Daniel

Banned
welcome Mustang, I actually found out about growing tobacco from a pipe makers forum. I basically was looking into it and have one practice pipe in the works. mainly setting on the work bench now as I got busy growing tobacco. There is a lot of information to learn when it comes to them not being a smoker of one myself. Very nice collection you have. My best to you in growing a collection of tobacco to match.

mustangII

Sorry I have been away for a while, life gets in the way sometimes. Turned 53 the 1st, haven't grown any tobacco. Switched jobs twice last year. Fired from 1, quit the 2nd. Took up smoking hookah this year. still using my other pipes, using snuff and snus. Smoke a few cigars. Made a couple batches of snuff this year and they turned out pretty good. Have a Job interview for a Service Manager position tomorrow. It is for a local John Deere dealership.
That's all for the update.
edm

Rayshields

Hello from near Chillicothe, Mo! This is my first post so don't know how this will turn out. I am 66 years old and smoked for 24 years and have been quit for 24 years, but have chewed or used snuff for last 20 years. I have about 100 plants each of Virginia Bright. Kentucky Burley #17, Black Mammoth, and Black Mammoth Small Stalk. The plants are really growing fast now with some about 3 inches tall. I saw a few aphids on them last night and hit them with some Sevin dust. I think I'll be alright with the growing, but still doing a lot of research on the curing and on kilns and fermenting. Don't really have all the details in stone about what to do once the plants are mature.

Nice collection of pipes...my father in law smokes a pipe so he may be my tester on some of this output...I smoked unfiltered Lucky Strikes and I really think i might weaken once this baccy is cured and take a puff of a RYO.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I hear ya brother! good baccy can be mighty hard to resist:) welcome welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.