Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Howdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryonlr

Hello, Thanks for letting me join this outfit. Rolling my own cigs for a couple of years now, using the available store bought bagged baccy. No room to grow my own, but would love to buy some leaf and process it for my own personal use. Thanks

Steve2md

Welcome to FTT!! you know, there is a member or two gere that grow their tobacco in 5 gallon buckets....it could be done on an apartment balcony

bryonlr

Welcome to FTT!! you know, there is a member or two gere that grow their tobacco in 5 gallon buckets....it could be done on an apartment balcony
Thanks Steve for the welcome. Man I got allot to learn about this. Would love to grow my own, but as much as I smoke 2+ packs a day, I aint got room for that many 5 gallon buckets!

Tom_in_TN

Whoops, my speed reading is not up to par....OK, cigs not cigars. This forum has your interests covered with all sorts of info.

Have you been casing and/or toasting the whole leaf you are buying?

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome bryonir. New faces are always welcome. I think you'll find this a fun group. The amount of knowledge about tobacco (and EVERYTHING else) is gratifying. Oh yeah, you'll find a lot of opinions too. Like a__holes everybody's got one and yours are welcome too.;)

Re - Whole leaf: FMGrowit and BigBonner both sell it. I have purchased from both and have liked what I got. The more we know about your present equipment and wants the more we will be able to help. A buddy and I just started making cigs for him. The blend he has settled on is 85% bright Virginia, 10% burley and 5% Turkish. You may want to adjust your blend to your own taste. He says 100% Virginia isn't a bad smoke by itself. BigBonner grows and cures his won and my buddy likes it. For me it makes a lousy cigar. Tried it -- won't again

You may find that when you get a taste you like you will smoke less. For whatever reason, less chemicals, more real tobacco, whatever he cays his cigs are more satisfying and he doesn't want as many. We are slowly winning his wife over too. Personally, I don't use em. I'm a cigar man.

From planting and growing right on thru to RYO you'll find everything you need here (except money) and you'll save lots of that.

Again, Welcome and Enjoy !

John

leverhead

If you're coming over from "dual use" tobacco, get or make yourself a shredder. FMGrowit sells a good one and the leaf to go with it. The trick to a good shred is getting the right moisture content, once you get that you'll never look back. With no casing on the darker tobaccos, about 20% Burley and 10% Turkish gives a full flavored smoke. Reducing the Burley down to zero gives a real light smoke. Sooner or later you'll get to the Maryland's, dark air cured's and fire cured's. It's not quite as easy as using tobacco out of a bag, but it's a whole lot more interesting and you won't have to pick out or smoke the trash.

Welcome, you've come to the right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.