Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Beer as a casing?

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I was outside smoking a pipe and drinking a beer and i got to wondering, beer is already a mix of sugars and scents and whatnot. I use it to cook pot roast and the flavor totally changes the meat in a great way.

As a casing you could use really floral IPA's, chocolate beers, etc. I am going to try this out.

One of the microbrews here does a chocolate stout, I was thinking that would pair well with a stout burley :)

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i dunno,,,,

i like drinking my beer,,,, if someone poured my beer on my baccy,,,, i'd be mad,

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
i was thinking beer because the sugar content is like casing recipes already.

whiskey is great for everything but no sugar in it. maybe try that new honey whiskey? that is good stuff.

grgfinney

who makes that? i added the jack to my casing of glycerin, brown sugar, maple syrup,cocoa,honey and anise extract i was thinking of adding a little coffee next time to see what it would taste like

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
everyone is starting to market a honey whiskey now, jd no exception. its called jd honey. you can get some bourbon every bit as good as jd for less than half the cost of jd too.

whiskey can be imported chinese neutral spirits mixed with whiskey flavor, so jd competes in that market. bourbon needs to be done right or it aint bourbon. lotta quality in there.