Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What the hell can we do?I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

IVE been told all my life that pot was criminal but our smoker and chief is a roll model. he ant addressed our stuipid drug laws .but he dont like gasoline so the huffers is on his **** list. When Can I Just be left alone to figger out my life with out a bunch of suits tr'in to throw my ass in jail. you can kill a baby but you cant grow a pot plant. Libertarian

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Personally I do not think our country can be "fixed". I think we hit our zenith back in the 50's and have been going downhill ever since. The best you can do is to do for yourself.

Randy B.. thinking.. too many stupid, lazy people have figured out that they can get more free stuff (my tax dollars) by voting for the guy that promises it to him

Boboro

Sorry about the rant but when milatry choppers hover over your yard you get pissed.I do my best to follow the lawsof the land but the box is getting smaller and smaller.

Steve2md

This country is primed for a second American Revolution. The problem is that while you may hear many cries of "Take up arms!!" , most people are all talk and no action. The people who WOULD take action are scared to do so, because they would have little to no backing. It's a very unfortunate position that "we the people" have been put in.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
This country is primed for a second American Revolution. .

The way a "revolution" is won is at the ballot box. I know it's cliche, but the fact of the matter is, our Constitution is set up to do just that. The problem arises when our Constitution is ignored and 'executive order" becomes the process of implementing legislation.

There are other means by which the Constitution can be upheld and until all options are exhausted, I'd very highly recommend against trying to organize a revolt. Believe it or not, it's illegal to revolt against the government.

There has never been a revolution in the United States. The United States was created by the English colonies revolting against the King of England and the colonies became the United States. The Civil War was started over secession...not revolution.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Well, after just watching "No time for Sergeants" I found it interesting that one of the questions they asked the inductees/draftees is " Do you or have you ever made plans to overthrow the United States Government..BY UNCONSTITUTIONAL MEANS?. Even though it was a fictional movie (a comedy actually) I thought it was interesting that evidently back in the '50's it was totally acceptable to plot to overthrow the government as long as you did it along Constitutional means.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I still adhear to the oath I swore many years ago..."that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Bob

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I still adhear to the oath I swore many years ago..."that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Bob
I took the same oath and I too still stick to it. Unfortunately many of those who take it do so as a means to an end and not because they ever intend to honor it.

I have held the theory for many years that our government was going the same way as the UK but we are 20 years behind. For the years I've watched the theory seems sound. If you want to see the US in 20 years, look at the UK now.

It makes no difference if you want to blame it on big business, the labor unions, the government, or whatever the fact is that major production has moved out of this country. I see no change in that trend in the foreseeable future. Government is expanding at a non-linear rate. government produces nothing and uses vast resources doing it. More of our jobs now are in the service area which is just circulating money and consequently producing less hard goods in the US. We now export large amounts of raw materials and others reap the relatively higher profit manufacturing it into usable product. In my history books this is the definition of a colony.

IMHO governments can be compared to a snowball rolling down hill on damp snow. They increase in size until they can no longer support the stress of size and disintegrate. Like the snow ball there are then a lot of little pieces that need to be reassembled or just evaporate leaving little trace of their former existence.

John

Steve2md

I swore to the same oath and fully plan to uphold such. I agree that a violent revolt is not the answer as of this time.

leverhead

Violent revolt is never a first option. When the rule of reason overtakes the rule of law, sometimes a small spark is all it takes. It's not smart to make a big brush pile close to your house.

Rayshields

When politicians figure out that they can bribe the electorate, the USA is doomed to fail...some have figured this out. I do not support a revolution, but would join a 25 million man march on Washington to loudly protest.

Edit by FmGrowit.
We really can't name names here. I think we're all on the same page so please don't think of this edit as a nanny move. I'm just trying to protect the site and everyone on it.

Boboro

The fed. gov. is buy'in Millions of bullets and not for the military. I think thir gett'in ready for a revolution even if they have to start it.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It's not an accident that we're just of a bunch of tobacco enthusiasts and we see the same things outside of our hobby.

Please try not to name names or groups when commenting...we can read between the lines. It's nice to know you guys are out there.

Remember "the "groups" feature is enabled and it is completely private...it can not be seen by any spiders either. We also have the "private" forum, but all anyone has to do to see it is register.

These options will remain available as long as the site is up. I pray to God we never need them.

Rayshields

We've got people here from different walks in life. How come we all seem to think along similar lines?
I've heard it said that a young person who is not liberal has no heart. An older person who is not conservative has no head. I suspect that this group has a head and is mostly over 35?

Rayshields

I also think that this group may be more intolerant of abuse of sin tax. Just how much is the government "entitled" to? I was at a discount smoke shop today. They had some bag of tube stuffing tobacco on sale for $28.99 for 8 ounces...Hey BigBonner, can you match that price?

Status
Not open for further replies.