Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A closer look at a seed pod

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
So in the name of science I ruined a seed pod to get a closer look inside. First I peeled off the petals to expose the acorn like pod, then like a bean, separated the two halves. Next I pulled the half apart, then took the thin paper like shell off to expose the seeds. Hopefully this answers many questions and allows you to get a better understanding of just what is going on in there. In lieu of a thousand words, here are pictures. Enjoy :)

DSCF1477.jpgDSCF1478.jpgDSCF1479.jpgDSCF1480.jpgDSCF1481.jpg

hours after exposure to air the foamy center is desiccated and all those seeds are free floating inside the fragile paper husk. if you do not pierce the husk the foam will stay longer, perhaps still feeding the seeds.

thanks guys:)

update 22 hours later:
here is something i did not expect. i had the original pod on my desk, and i just noticed that foam center is totally gone since i took those pictures for the original post. the seeds actually look mature, if a tad wet. i will instead do a germination report in 2 months...

so these are the seeds and pod from the original pictorial:
DSCF1488.jpgDSCF1489.jpgDSCF1491.jpgDSCF1492.jpgDSCF1493.jpg

deluxe, i had a smaller pod still intact from 2011, so lets not wait. I tried to order the pictures the same again, except this time the end i have a bag of fluff, and then lightly sifted, still debris with the seed but it's very minimal, and i will likely never do anything with this seed anyway so care was not a concern.
DSCF1482.JPGDSCF1483.JPGDSCF1484.JPGDSCF1485.jpgDSCF1486.jpgDSCF1487.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.