Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hershey's syrup recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I changed the casing recipe a bit. Just some strong licorice root tea (about 8-10 oz) with a large teaspoon of honey... I put the shredded Burley on a plate, sprayed it well with the casing solution, put it in the oven at 250 degrees and waited until it was dry. I then flipped it over with a spatula, sprayed it again and put it in the oven until dry and toasted. I then took it out of the oven, sprayed it lightly one more time and put it in a large ziploc.

Extremely smooth. So I made up a batch of cigarettes with 40% Flue Cured, 30% toasted Burley, 20% Turkish and 10% YTP. Awesome smoke!

Very encouraging to hear. The honey is something JitterBugDude suggested a while ago and it must make a big difference over white sugar.

I'm still curious if corn syrup would have the same affect as honey...it should...I think.

I've noticed the cocoa can burn and/or be over used. Both have negative affects on the flavor, so it might be worth trying a pinch of cocoa to start and gradually work your way up.

Steve2md

Bringing some yellow orinoco up to case so I can try a chocolate/whiskey mix on it...then into a press to make a plug. Should be interesting!

Boboro

Do you know the name of the plant? I use the whole bud blended and dusted on tobacca and bud soaked in vodka.For casin.

DonH

Do you know the name of the plant? I use the whole bud blended and dusted on tobacca and bud soaked in vodka.For casin.

Glycyrrhiza Glabra is the name of the licorice plant. I just looked it up. That's got to be one of the hardest words to spell.

Sounds like you have anise growing nearby and it's working well as a flavoring.

Boboro

Glycyrrhiza Glabra is the name of the licorice plant. I just looked it up. That's got to be one of the hardest words to spell.

Sounds like you have anise growing nearby and it's working well as a flavoring.
I'll have to Goolge that up to see if I can grow it. I have 10 or so anise plants. Not realy to flovor just to mellow it some.

DonH

I'll have to Goolge that up to see if I can grow it. I have 10 or so anise plants. Not realy to flovor just to mellow it some.

Yeah, it's the same with licorice. You don't notice any licorice flavor in the smoke, it just tastes better.

Rayshields

I bought some licourice root, I steeped 1 T in 16 oz of hot water and then did a second steep in 12 oz of hot water. Added 1 t honey. Sprayed it on 2 oz of burley that I toasted 2 minutes at 300f, two times. I sprayed about twenty sprays each time. The i removed it from the oven and sprayed it again. Let it cool and added it to 10 oz of blend of VA flue cured, burley and Turkish. Let it rest 3 days. Made a nice cigarette blend. I did some research on Wikipedia on licourice. I was surprised to learn that 90% of licorice is used to flavor tobacco.

I think you can grow licourice root Boboro, but us guys up North can't. It takes 4 years to get it established.

jekylnz

Hand shred the tobacco and spread it out on a cookie sheet (about 10 leaves de-ribbed), spray it with 1/2 oz. sugar water and 1t. cocoa powder or Hershey's syrup (1T. to 1oz water).

I know the OP is old but I'm new here so...

What is the ratio of sugar to water you're using here?

I think it means 1Tablespoon with an ounce of water..& then 1 teaspoon of cocoa. .drinking choc..or hershey's syrup added to that(sugar syrup). .otherwise Don (f'mgrowit) my help clear things up better

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
These posts are so old, I don't even remember what they mean.

It sounds like I should just make these casings available that I had formulated for the blends.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
These posts are so old, I don't even remember what they mean.

It sounds like I should just make these casings available that I had formulated for the blends.

I agree. You're missing two markets as is, the people that have their own favorite blends from your whole leaf, and the home grower that might like the option for his own leaf. The fact that it's prepackaged will have an appeal to the guys that want to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible.

You could also discuss with the guys that developed the cigarette casing the feasibility of duplicating some casings for snus, wet snuff and chewing tobacco. All the guys would have to do is shred, grind, powder or otherwise prep the leaf, add your casing, then toast or whatever else needs doing. Perhaps hold another contest and choose the best recipes from the membership.

Brown Thumb

Or guys not allowed in the old lady's kitchen.
Just wish she would learn how to use it, I'm starving.

Status
Not open for further replies.