shredded my first batch of '' ottoman'' and my review of it,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
a very fine smoke all by itself,

i was very impressed, at the taste,, not too light and not too strong,,,

it being a turkish tobacco, i guess i'd label it as a camel light, [ but not too light ]

it will be in my patch next year,,,

i really like the way the plant grew also,,, big,,tall,,,,and many leaves, a very high producer,:cool:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I always thought a cigarette smoker could grow just Ottoman and have a satisfactory smoke. I was told it was a Semi-oriental in that it is an Oriental crossed with a Burley(?)...maybe, but it was crossed with something to reduce the traditional Oriental aroma and flavor.

leverhead

I've been quite pleased with my grow of it! I had too many problems to have any good hard numbers, but it is a very good producer! Hanging on stringers, in my back yard, the whole back yard would smell great. It smokes very well too, but I like it blended in with Virginias and darker tobaccos. I only gave it an 18" spacing, so it would probably do well in a container.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i agree with the '' mixing''

it could be a 2/5 th of a mix,,,,along with 4 other baccy's.

thats whats so great about us growing our own baccy,,,

is the cigg's we smoke, are defined to a '' T '' and really are a good blend and more better than any store bought cigg.
but today,,

is shred day,

all the baccy i got hanging is getting shredded and stored,

the kiln is getting emtied,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I always thought a cigarette smoker could grow just Ottoman and have a satisfactory smoke. I was told it was a Semi-oriental in that it is an Oriental crossed with a Burley(?)...maybe, but it was crossed with something to reduce the traditional Oriental aroma and flavor.
Do you think it would be an interesting addition to a mild cigar?

J

Status
Not open for further replies.