shred, shred, shred,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
all , my baccy is kilned and pretty much done,

today i began the process of getting it all shredded,

allthough between me and a friend doing it, we got a lot shredded, and then went to drinking beer, and the shredding became less, and less,:eek:

tomorrow, im gonna get back on it, and fill up every coffee can,,, and mason jar i have,

you really dont know how much you got hanging, till you go to shredding it all at once,

and i have a lot,<<<<:cool:

Boboro

Are you runn'in it for hours with out stopp'in. It said to stop every 30 min on yhe sredder. so I have been but iys a pain in the a**.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Chicken are you using the electric shreeder?if so how did work?

Randy

it works like a champ,

no issues,

and yeah boboro i been giving it a breaK in between hands,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i got all the SILVER-RIVER, shredded,

amazinglly i got all of it in one big ass jar, packed very tightlly, with my fist...

im going for a shredded, brick, by pressing it as much as i can as each hand goes into the jar,

i hope it stores good being pressed like this, vs / having it very loose in a jar<??

johnlee1933

Founding Member
i got all the SILVER-RIVER, shredded,

amazinglly i got all of it in one big ass jar, packed very tightlly, with my fist...

im going for a shredded, brick, by pressing it as much as i can as each hand goes into the jar,

i hope it stores good being pressed like this, vs / having it very loose in a jar<??
Should be OK if it's not too wet.

John

leverhead

I don't store that kind of quantity, But I store mine tight. It keeps the fines from sifting out and it puts a nice crinkle on the tobacco to fill a cigarette better. I usually put 1/4 to 1/3 of a pound in a big Ziploc bag and roll it up, then I keep that in a glass jar. The bag is convenient, I can take it out and rip off a hunk to make smokes with. The bag must let the smells though, because the jar smells so good when I open it.

BarG

Founding Member
I haven't found a ziplock yet thats airtight. Squeeze all the air out of one and seal and come back in a couple days or hours and it won't look the same. I have to rehydrate any tobacco stored in ziplocks for any length of time. At least it cuts down on mold issues though if its a little to high case for small amounts.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
yesterday , igot all the yellow twist bud shredded up,

and stored tight in 1 big-ass gallon glass jar,

Status
Not open for further replies.