Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from the bottom of NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanz

Hey people I just recently signed in here and are impressed with the site. At them moment i am just gearing up to getting the patch ready for this years planting, And are looking forward to exploring more of this place and getting to know you all.
Cheers Sean

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Welcome! And please do a log so we all have something to read over our winter :)

Seanz

Will do Its something i keep thinking i should do and get the camera out etc, but then just plain forget about it. IN fact this time around I am planning on keeping better records and stuff Ie temp and soil conditions etc, plus i am hoping to aquire some different seed strains to had a bit of variety to what we get down here. Plus what goes into my pipe!

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome Sean, You are our second NZ member. If you haven't already done it use the search bar for Colin. What are you planting? I may be able to send you something different if customs will permit it. You know anything about NZ customs? I don't.

John

Seanz

Hi John At the moment I am planning on some Golden virginia and a burley we get down here i am not sure what strain it is. I planted some rustica last year which i got from another forum. And well its ok mixed in with something else but tend to bite on its on. As for customs I havent had any problems. As long has its not for commercial growing then they want there pound of flesh. And was just looking at new hope seeds so if they can send it to us I am sure others can too. My main interst is in pipe tobacco. I was thinking along the lines of some red virginia and trying my hand at some of the oriental varieties. But if you are willing to send some i would more than happy to take what ever you offer.
Sean

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
so just how do you grow in NEW ZEALAND during the winter time,?

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
their toilets go backwards too chicken. if i ever go vacation down there first thing im doing is going to the bathroom :)

COLIN

Hi seanz colin here if i can be of any of assistant don't hesitate to PM me.Good to have another new zealander onbord so i'm not the only one that they will be looking at regard's Colin

Seanz

Hey Colin No worries Been reading your grow log and it seems your off like a rocket. I have stasrted propergating today as i think we are out of the frost zone, but with southland you can never tell, Your in the wairarapa arent you? Been pretty wet according to family

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Hey Colin No worries Been reading your grow log and it seems your off like a rocket. I have stasrted propergating today as i think we are out of the frost zone, but with southland you can never tell, Your in the wairarapa arent you? Been pretty wet according to family
So why don't you beat the drums or play the pipes or whatever you fellows do to get attention and set up an enclave there? We will always welcome new enthusiasts, trade seeds and bulls__t . Best of luck to you both.

John

BarG

Founding Member
Welcome Sean, Ain't the world wide web great. looking forward to watching your grow this winter[for me].

Seanz

Cheers BarG I am at the moment reading your grow log Its making me wish i had more land to grow on. At the moment i rent and the landlord has an empty section out back he said i can use so i am thinking of Putting some in there, though not having any,achines to do the work I plan on spot planting all over it

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Its a good plan john I tried setting up an online pipe club. but not much interest , though i plan on getting another kiwi in here soon
You must have smokers there. Just tell them it's (almost) free, NO TAXES. They 'll come.

I'm having a little trouble getting used to "The further south, the colder." Give me a bit. I'll adjust.

John

Seanz

We do and there is heaps of interest in growing your own nowdays, But i have found that most are too lazy, busy, to attempt it, Dont know why as its one of the best things i have done since well, picking up a rod and learning to cast into the ocean. I keep promoting it and try to get people into it,

Status
Not open for further replies.