Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Turkish Tobacco Growing Blog - in English Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
metingulesci_1342014441160.jpg

Below are links to an extensive and informative blog on tobacco growing in Turkey. The original blog:

http://metingulesci.blogcu.com/

is in Turkish, though the vast collection of photographs can be viewed. By using the wonderful "translate page" feature of Google Translate, each of the pages of the blog can be read in English (sort of).

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=tr&tl=en&u=http://metingulesci.blogcu.com/

Once you begin with the blog's home page in Google Translate, clicking any of the links on that page will then also take you to the translated page.

metingulesci_134201443464.jpg

Bob

leverhead

Hot damn Bob! This is going to take allot of hours to go through, just the first time. The English is going to be a bit of a puzzle, but less so than the original language. I know what I'll be doing with my free time for quite a while.

Thank you!

Steve

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I work with a guy from Turkey, maybe I should mosey on over to his office and have him translate some of this.

edit: Never mind- I forgot about the infamous Google Translate!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
What this points out is that there is a whole lot of tobacco growing information on foreign language sites. Since the key words as well as their spelling and even alphabet may be unfamiliar (and rather troublesome to enter from an English keyboard), it's really difficult to locate the sites with a straightforward Google search. But once you find one, just use Google Translate to read it.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Why dont we do this again?
metingulesci_1318877658137.jpg
metingulesci_1318877665155.jpg
metingulesci_1318877673136.jpg
metingulesci_131887768346.jpg
metingulesci_1318877691198.jpg
metingulesci_131887769972.jpg
metingulesci_131887772596.jpg

what i read makes my brain bleed trying to discombobulate the ideas that are translated by google, but basically it says: sun drying economical, sun drying make pretty leaf. sun drying good.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
A new member of HTGT, who lives in Istanbul, posted the link to the Turkish site. I could never have stumbled into it otherwise.

Bob

DonH

The "feel" of it is different, I'm not sure I like it. Some familiar names, but a different crowd.
The problem I see over there is that they get a lot of new people joining who are a little lost at sea but they don't have enough active experienced people to set hem right, unlike here.

BarG

Founding Member
The "feel" of it is different, I'm not sure I like it. Some familiar names, but a different crowd.

I mainly explore to see responses from founding members of FTT to other posts or research posts made prior to the founding of this site. I have a certain predjudice I'm sure that is hard to put into words. If valuable info can be shared between the sites it is beneficial to both hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.