Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rolled my first cigar (Michibacy's Verde Amarillo Habana Robusto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
First off, thank my fiance for the spanish touch to the name haha.

Filler is Havana, Binder was green brior and the wrapper was YTB.

Stuff has been kilning in the trash can kiln for about 4 weeks, smells amazing.

I've rolled cigarillos before but haven't done one this size so I thought I'd give it a try.

Tell me what you all think!

First picture is without the wrapper, second is with. Not sure how well the wrapper will turn out though. Once she's a bit drier I may roll it more to flatten it.

IMG_1046.jpgIMG_1047.jpg

BarG

Founding Member
Mine get smoked as soon as there rolled. If it draws too hard bummer , if it draws to light bummer, If it draws just right, smoke it. It looks good michibaccy. Its not hard rolling a cigar. Its not easy rolling a good cigar, consistantly.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
60watt lamp on the outside, jar of water inside directly in front of where the light would be, then the tobacco hangs in the top. Thanks randy!

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
yeah, who cares what it looks like unless your selling it.
i dont even see any green on the leaf despite the title, it does look damn good though!

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I threw parts of each leave's name into the title, Verde for Green Brior, Amarillo for Yellow Twist Bud and Habana for Havana 142. thanks!

Boboro

I'm gonna roll some cigars this winter. the onley vidio i could find that I could follow was chickans an that was his first one so smobody elese needs to take a shot at it. chicken makes a good vidio but I want to roll a long thin one.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I just forwarded Joe6pack's link to Randy this afternoon, I followed his video on making the cigar above.

Note: I also have come to realize how long it takes for a rolled cigar to dry out, it seems to take for ever!

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Ah see bob I didn't do that, everything was in medium case except for the wrapper which was in high case. I put it in the cedar box with a few other cigars that were a bit too under-cased (store bought ones), it appears that the humidity is leaving the homemade one and transferring to the bought ones (hopefully it stays that way).

Ltngstrike

Great looking first stogie Michi!

I agree with you Smokes, Dan's videos are what got me started in this whole growing thing. Cigar prices kept climbing so I bought whole leaf from him to learn to roll my own before I had found any growing websites. I didn't think I could grow tobacco here where I live. Then I found HTGT and now I have found an even better site.;)

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
His cigar leaf is good it was a number something which was annoying not to know what it was but the price was right and it was good

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Oh and it'd be habana verde, they put adjectives after I'm pretty sure. :) how'd it smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.