Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltngstrike

Hi everyone. I finally found my way here after talking to my neighbor Skychaser. I'm happy he gave me the link.

This year was my second year growing but it was a total bust. Our weather here has been terrible, we had frost all the way up to the 4th of July and then it turned into a furnace with no rain and then frosted again at the end of August. :( I had 6 flats of seedlings going and had them hardened off and planted well over 200. Out of those only 7 survived the furnace and grasshoppers. Those are still less than 6" tall right now. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, Skychaser's incredible generosity has allowed me to put some leaf in my barn. Thank you my friend!

leverhead

Welcome! I thought I had it bad. Mother Nature cab be such a Mutha. It's a good bunch here, somebody here has figured work-arounds for almost everything except arctic conditions. There's lots of good ideas here.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
allways good to see a experienced grower join the site,

welcome aboard,

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Hi everyone. I finally found my way here after talking to my neighbor Skychaser. I'm happy he gave me the link.

This year was my second year growing but it was a total bust. Our weather here has been terrible, we had frost all the way up to the 4th of July and then it turned into a furnace with no rain and then frosted again at the end of August. :( I had 6 flats of seedlings going and had them hardened off and planted well over 200. Out of those only 7 survived the furnace and grasshoppers. Those are still less than 6" tall right now. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, Skychaser's incredible generosity has allowed me to put some leaf in my barn. Thank you my friend!
Welcome Ltngstrike Good to have you.

John

Aaron

Welcome to the forum Ltngstrike! That's awesome that you live next to such a great source of baccy knowledge. This is my first year trying to grow. I've killed a bunch of plants this year. I think it was mostly the crazy heat here. Out of about 75 that I planted first I think I had 10 live and 3 are still little runts that never got over 1 foot. Anyways.... glad to have you.

skychaser

Gosh, such high praise. Now I'm gonna have to shop for a bigger hat.
Yah, Ltngstrike is my neighbor. Only lives 40 miles away. lol I'm just glad someone else can make use of all the leaf I grow. My barn is full. Some of you guys would cry if you saw how much gets tilled under. And it's good to have someone else to sample the different varieties I grow. I had forgotten all about the Paris Wrapper until Ltngstrike mentioned it in a post the other day. I dug out a string and we gave it a try this week. Nice mild smoke. Good for cigs or a pipe. And the large leaf would make a great wrapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.