Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Seanz Grow log; Kiwi Grower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanz

Re: Seanz Grow log

Theres usually enough time between frosts to get a grow in, Thats hail on the street The stupid thing is now the suns out, and its risen a few degrees lol
Current Temperature.
Relative Humidity.
Dewpoint.
Windchill.
7.0°c
81%
4.0°c
3.9°c

Kaneo

Thats a pretty mean spring SeaNZ but i guess you are in Invercargill, sunny day in Hawkes Bay but blowing a fair bit

Seanz

Yeah, though its only in the last few days that shes dropped in temp before that we were in the teens and early twenties, i mean i had almost put my thermals away and busted out the stubbies.
short shorts in case anyone needs to know :D

Kaneo

Go the Stubbies, traditional nz mens wear - last pair of stubbies i had was at school with the single pocket in the right hand front

Seanz

lol, guessing they are brown or tan and double as a pair of togs or when your out diving
Mate! brown lol and its the southern ocean, I have been surfcasting In it, only up to the pain area, you know where you go AHHHH!
As for diving I am waiting on a steamer, though everyone reckons i am just a nothern pussy, but meh! I aint getting a chill just to prove something to no one.

Seanz

• DSC01488 (800x600).jpgDSC01489 (800x600).jpgDSC01490 (800x600).jpgDSC01491 (800x600).jpgDSC01492 (800x600).jpgDSC01493 (800x600).jpg
Well Here is what's been happening over the last week I have hand tilled a few grow areas, the first is about 7 metres by three,
The next is 2 by 1 And the last two are about a metre sq.
I am planning on a few more depending on germination success.
As to the numbers well... I was thinking of 4 in the 1m sq pits and And maybe six in the bigger one,
For the 6,3 one i am not sure last year I got about thirty in there but it was tight and had A few broken leaves etc. I am still up in the air on this one. I was thinking of going three across and maybe five rows along Don't know yet. The Virginia took about ten days to strike and the other four are Maryland, ct Shade , PA red, And some nb11 also have some Orientals. I am thinking this might be me this season. As i am sure i am going to be hard pressed to find places for it all But it will happen.

Kaneo

Always nice to see the seedlings pushing there way through, looks like you will have good access around your gardens too.

I see an avid tobacco growers table there, pipes, seedlings, layout plans and last years leaf? :)

Seanz

Always nice to see the seedlings pushing there way through, looks like you will have good access around your gardens too.

I see an avid tobacco growers table there, pipes, seedlings, layout plans and last years leaf? :)
you see correct This sis some of last years rusticaDSC01495 (800x600).jpg

I just dried and pressed it and had it to some of the other leaf I am smoking 397351_4675566444714_1482375053_n.jpg

Seanz

Well, the weather down here has been crap! Been single digits for the last few days and a howling westerly, Looking like we might get some snow later in the week. It will make a change from all the rain:)
Anyway I am starting to see more whites poking up from the seeds I sowed.
This is the list as it stands.
Virginia gold
Maryland
PA Red
Perique
Havana
Samson
CT shade
Some orientals
NB11
TN90
At the moment I am hoping to get six to ten of each in the ground.
Still tossing up whether to plant some Aztec Rustica, though I have time to if I want as that stuff just grows like nobodies business down here.
I still have to dig over a few more beds, just waiting for the weather to sort itself out so I can get out there, I am not into digging over mud in the rain and hail.
well thats a update on where I am at a will report in on the next stage.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member

Dam Seanz, The weather isn't treating you too well is it? One thing you have to consider is that if you put your plants into the ground and the ground is still cold your plants will just set there and not do anything.

Randy B

Seanz

Dam Seanz, The weather isn't treating you too well is it? One thing you have to consider is that if you put your plants into the ground and the ground is still cold your plants will just set there and not do anything.

Randy B

Yeah Randy I have been thinking on this. I dont plan on puting them out untill we start getting up into the late teens (Celsius)
Last year they went well so I am expecting them to do so again, down here spring is wet and according to the weather boffins it should clear up in a few days, I do have to remember that I am down in the roaring forties and this sort of weather does happen
Current Temperature.
Relative Humidity.
Dewpoint.
Windchill.
8.3°c
90%
6.8°c
5.6°c
Today's
Maximum
8.9°c

@ 06:06
Today's
Minimum
6.8°c

@ 00:00

Kaneo

That weathers a bit harsh Seanz - Temp and humidity gauge is reading 21.5c and 46%

Roaring forties for sure

johnlee1933

Founding Member

I think it refers to latitude.
You are partially correct. It refers to the nearly constant wind in those latitudes blowing west to east. That was important for sailing ships doing the cross pacific/atlantic passages. The westerlies are also called the "anti-trades" as the trade winds blow in the other direction.

John

Seanz

You got it John! I forgot some people might not know about that. Those winds can whip the sea up real good! Already lost one fishing vessel this year in the waters off here, A rouge wave came up and took them out. She can be a rough patch of water. As for us land lubbers the weather is on the up for the moment its it 12C and looks to stay there for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.