Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Post your mug 2012

BarG

Founding Member
Don't you love providin for the table Chicken. I can't help myself, I got to. Its in my blood. Its a job in itself sometimes but that meat probably goes for $12.00 a lb. according to the latest Field and Stream magazine estimates for white tail deer. You'll be eating real good. I need 4 per year along with a few hogs to keep me a happy camper. I used to tan my hides before I got into tobacco. I have a freezer full. I have several in a semi tanned state not quite supple but ready. If you want to save the skin scrape all the meat off down to the dermal layer where the skin looks white.and don't throw the brain away. and decide what kind of skin you want. Hair on or hair off. Every animal has enough brain to tan its own hide.:cool:

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Mark, Lever -- Those are truly funny. It reminds me of many working hours spent behind them, not necessarily on the farm. I am truly and intimately familiar with the origin and meaning of the expression "working like a horse". Ever worked a team with a trip rake on hilly ground? :confused: :mad: :D God, makes you appreciate fresh air.

John

marksctm

Leverhead and John,
Dad always said... your funny son... (but looks aren't everything!)
lever,
I might ! you never know.
John,
We could go back to those ways if things keep going the way they are.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I just discovered this topic, and this is me in an arboretum.

56162943.jpg

Am i looking older than 61 ? :D

Last edited:

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I feel like that already...can't wait to how much worse it can get!

It's to the point I don't count days or weeks, more "semesters" I blink and my 2 week pay period is gone (along with the checks:p), I blink twice and it's Christmas again. Blink 3 times and I'm as old you guys :p

istanbulin

Founding Member
I feel like that already...can't wait to how much worse it can get!

It's to the point I don't count days or weeks, more "semesters" I blink and my 2 week pay period is gone (along with the checks:p), I blink twice and it's Christmas again. Blink 3 times and I'm as old you guys :p

As Omar Khayyam said "I came like Water, and like Wind I go".