Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Too small to string

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I harvested what I had left for 2nd priming and plan to cure it and just make it a "mix". (hole-filled leaves, not good - aesthetically). The problem is, the wire I have is too thick to go through the stem of the leaf. Any idea on how I could dry/cure this? I see a lot of Pile Curing going on, but don't know how well this would work with the little stuff.

Edit: I guess I could always use thread or something? Thanks for your help!

-Michibacy

NZGirl

I harvested what I had left for 2nd priming and plan to cure it and just make it a "mix". (hole-filled leaves, not good - aesthetically). The problem is, the wire I have is too thick to go through the stem of the leaf. Any idea on how I could dry/cure this? I see a lot of Pile Curing going on, but don't know how well this would work with the little stuff.

Edit: I guess I could always use thread or something? Thanks for your help!

-Michibacy

I used paperclips I'd pulled open a bit then just attached them to the string I'd set up in the shed. They just push through easy and can be hooked on easily

LeftyRighty

Founding Member
I've stung them with 22 gage wire (picture-hanging wire, at most hardware stores) - stiff enough to use as it's own needle. On really small leaf, I'll run the wire through the lamina, just next to the mid-rib stem, and below a vein-rib.

NRustica

Well since you already picked it, you can use the hand method. Tie 5-10 leaves together and hang them up. Next time I would just cut the stalk and dry them on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.