Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Want A Use For Your Stem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn622

I had a surplus of stem laying around and realized it is really brittle. I am a snuffer so I thought the stems would grid up into a good snuff and they do. Take your dry stem and put it into a coffee grinder. I gring a full chamber then add more stem and grig again till it if tobacco flower. Then take a cap full of lorann flavor extract and put it into the grinder and grind some more. Voila.... Snuff.

The other think you can do is make Snus. Here is a very basic recipe:

Take 1/2 cup of ground tobacco. Mix together 1 tbs. of sweetener (honey, molasses or maple syrup) 1/2 to 1 tsp. sodium bicarbonate, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 teaspoon powdered tea masala with enough hot liquid to dissolve it all. Stir the liquid into the tobacco in a baking pan, cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove the foil immediately after baking and let cool. Stir thoroughly and brake up any lumps. If necessary add more moisture. If too moist, spread the tobacco on a cutting board to dry out a little. You can put it into an oven at about 120 deg F. Transfer to a sealed jar and set in the refrigerator. You can use any tea, just put it in your coffee grinder ans powder it.

Enjoy!!!!

johnlee1933

Founding Member
I had a surplus of stem laying around and realized it is really brittle. I am a snuffer so I thought the stems would grid up into a good snuff and they do. Take your dry stem and put it into a coffee grinder. I gring a full chamber then add more stem and grig again till it if tobacco flower. Then take a cap full of lorann flavor extract and put it into the grinder and grind some more. Voila.... Snuff.

The other think you can do is make Snus. Here is a very basic recipe:

Take 1/2 cup of ground tobacco. Mix together 1 tbs. of sweetener (honey, molasses or maple syrup) 1/2 to 1 tsp. sodium bicarbonate, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 teaspoon powdered tea masala with enough hot liquid to dissolve it all. Stir the liquid into the tobacco in a baking pan, cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove the foil immediately after baking and let cool. Stir thoroughly and brake up any lumps. If necessary add more moisture. If too moist, spread the tobacco on a cutting board to dry out a little. You can put it into an oven at about 120 deg F. Transfer to a sealed jar and set in the refrigerator. You can use any tea, just put it in your coffee grinder ans powder it.

Enjoy!!!!
As an addendum -- To clean your coffee grinder so you can have coffee (or the wife don't scream for blood) throw in a tablespoon of dry rice and powder it. The rice/rice flour scours the inside of the grinder very well.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.