Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Variation on the "Dash Board Fermenting" concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I have the same situation with a damp basement. The wet kiln worked but added to the moisture. The dry kiln method in the tobacco science forum under Brent's stickied thread works perfectly for me. All you need is a frig, a hotplate and bagged tobacco. I guess you don't even need a frig, but the freezer box on top stays a constant 90 degrees so I figured perfect, I'll use it to start seed in making it a kiln/germination box.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I've got an old oil burning stove with cast iron sides, maybe I can make that into a kiln:D I wonder if that'd void insurance though...

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget about the nasty combination of a wet basement and electricity. If you do any wiring, be sure the (indexed) neutral wire is properly oriented, and that the can itself is grounded.

Bob

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
10-4 on that Bob, I'm fortunate enough that I was raised building/installing electrical wiring by my dad, and comm's wiring and operation from my grandpa (manager at Michigan Bell for quite a few years and served in the Korean conflict as a telephone engineer.

Thanks for the reminder!

Status
Not open for further replies.