Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

UK Grower saying Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markw

Just dropped in to say Hi, This has been my first year growing and I have loved it, I had some problems joining this forum over the last year, but it seams I have finally managed to get registered now. Many thanks to the other members in pointing my to this forum

Mark W

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Just dropped in to say Hi, This has been my first year growing and I have loved it, I had some problems joining this forum over the last year, but it seams I have finally managed to get registered now. Many thanks to the other members in pointing my to this forum

Mark W
Welcome Mark to FTT. We have a growing UK contingent (pun intended). UK restrictions on tobacco seem even stricter than ours. That reason alone is good enough to grow your own. Beyond that there is the pleasure of saying "I did it." and then smoking it.

I believe these are a good bunch of guys and you'll find all the help you need. (Plus maybe a little humor.)

Enjoy,

John

Aaron

Welcome to the forum Mark. It's good to have you with us. Tell us a little about your grow this year if ya don't mind. It was my first year as well and I really enjoyed it too. I can't wait till my leaf is aged enough to smoke.

squeezyjohn

Hi Mark, welcome!

its my first year growing too, and I love it. I also love it here, the mine of info in the archives is absolutely invaluable ... Tuck in!

i too would be very interested in where you're growing yours, where you're managing to cure it and what varieties have done well for you.

Cheers

squeezy

Markw

Hi all and many thanks for your kind welcome.

Aaron
This year I have grown Virginia Gold, Silk Leaf, MCY, TN90, Bursa, Ottomon HY ?, Black Sea Sam, LP Havana, and Silver River that has been the best cropper.

Johnlee1933
Thanks for the welcome, and yes nothing gives me more pleasure in growing my own. The funny thing is when I told my friends that I was planning to growing my own tobacco, I think they thought I was loosing the plot, Ha Ha they all want to do it next year now as they have sampled it.

Mark

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Johnlee1933
Thanks for the welcome, and yes nothing gives me more pleasure in growing my own. The funny thing is when I told my friends that I was planning to growing my own tobacco, I think they thought I was loosing the plot, Ha Ha they all want to do it next year now as they have sampled it.

Mark
My property is on a rise bordering a State Park. Folks walking their dogs, etc. can see my tiny patch. You should see their faces when they ask what it is and I tell them "Tobacco". You'd think I was shotgunning kids or something.

John

notcrack

Hi Mark,
It's amazing to see someone from South East London on here. What part you from? I was born and raised in Crystal Palace. Are you growing in your own garden or using an allotment?? If you want to sell or trade any of that leaf let me know. I'm still searching for a UK grower who will let me sample there wares.

Keep up the good fight.

Regards

squeezyjohn

Wow! What a list.

I only tried Black Stalk Mammoth and Rustica this year. The Rustica is a real weed in the UK climate - but the Mammoth was very slow to get going with the awful summer.

Next year I'm going to have a go at Alida, Del Gold, more Rustica and maybe the black stalk mammoth again if I like it.

Cheers

Squeezy

Markw

I live in the Bromley area When the leaf is a bit older I will send you some
Hi Mark,
It's amazing to see someone from South East London on here. What part you from? I was born and raised in Crystal Palace. Are you growing in your own garden or using an allotment?? If you want to sell or trade any of that leaf let me know. I'm still searching for a UK grower who will let me sample there wares.

Keep up the good fight.

Regards

Markw

My property is on a rise bordering a State Park. Folks walking their dogs, etc. can see my tiny patch. You should see their faces when they ask what it is and I tell them "Tobacco". You'd think I was shotgunning kids or something.

John

Hi John
I told them that I was growing Tennessee tomatoes, they kept looking for the tomatoes but after sometime they said I was pulling their pants down (no tomatoes)

Mark

darren1979

First Time Grower
Hi Mark, Welcome aboard!
How did the bbq leaves turn out? Have you kilned any yet? im just building mine this weekend.

notcrack

I live in the Bromley area When the leaf is a bit older I will send you some

That's nice of you Boss. Just let me know and how and I'll send the correct funding for your trouble.

I know Bromley very well. I'm there this weekend actually as my Daughter lives there with her Mum. Do you grow in your own back garden or is it an allotment??

Markw

Hi Mark, Welcome aboard!
How did the bbq leaves turn out? Have you kilned any yet? im just building mine this weekend.
Hi Darren
Yes the BBQ no cooking done with it this year as it was full of tobacco, yes it worked very well with the Havana the leaf has a lovely dark color.

Markw

Wow! What a list.

I only tried Black Stalk Mammoth and Rustica this year. The Rustica is a real weed in the UK climate - but the Mammoth was very slow to get going with the awful summer.

Next year I'm going to have a go at Alida, Del Gold, more Rustica and maybe the black stalk mammoth again if I like it.

Cheers

Squeezy

H Squeezy
Yes the weather has been pants !!! have to say that the Silver River blew everything else away, massive plant, big leaves still trying to find places to stash all of the leaf.

Markw

squeezyjohn

Wow - what sort of tobacco is it? It sounds brilliant if it can do that in our climate.

And where did you get the seeds from?

Markw

Hi Oldsouth
And thanks for the welcome, I did like your post on chickens, was thinking of trying ducks myself next year, I wouldn't trust my meet rabbits on the plot.

Markw

Status
Not open for further replies.