Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

know a good price on ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsouth

Banned
I last bought 1,000 rounds of .270 win at a gun show for a bargain. I went to the store today and found they are up to about a buck a bullet! Anyone know where I can get a good price? I also need some buck shot, bird shot and slugs.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I don't know if there is any such thing as a good price anymore. People have been snatching up ammo almost as fast as it can be made. I usually buy mine from Ammo man. Competitive prices and free shipping.

indianjoe

Founding Member
Oldsouth,
I would say reload, but reloading supplies are up as well. Looks like we are going to end up biting the bullet either way.

oldsouth

Banned
Thanks for the recommendation Jitterbugdude - didn't see any .270, but good, no frills source for ammo.

oldsouth

Banned
Oldsouth,
I would say reload, but reloading supplies are up as well. Looks like we are going to end up biting the bullet either way.

Reloading is something I should have gotten into before Obama! I expect prices will go down a bit if Romney is elected. But, it could be like gas - once it goes up, it doesn't come down. I put things off because I make my living as a traveling musician and writer - can't travel too heavy. Now, I'm planning to settle down and get back to the woods, fields, ponds, streams, etc. I'd like to even put up a permanent deer stand next year!

oldsouth

Banned
All good resources - thanks! BTW, a friend who does estate sales told me that they can be a good source to pick up ammo and gear at pennies on the dollar - just get there early.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
for those of you in CT, hoffmans is worth the drive. their prices usually beat the internet. massive volume retailer in newington.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Try www.SportsmansGuide.com. Also at war's end we should start to see prices coming down. All metal is up due to war production but brass is especially high right now. Sportsmans Guide has alot of military surplus too. I buy my hunting clothes there. Wool sweaters about $20. Wool pants on the cheap too.

oldsouth

Banned
Mucus Gracious! Major surplus and survival is another great source for everything but ammo. I got some great insulated mil-spec boots there for abut $30 last year.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Try those links I posted, they are aggregate sites that track prices and sort by price per round from nearly all the commercial sites.

oceansgreen

Try www.SportsmansGuide.com. Also at war's end we should start to see prices coming down. All metal is up due to war production but brass is especially high right now. Sportsmans Guide has alot of military surplus too. I buy my hunting clothes there. Wool sweaters about $20. Wool pants on the cheap too.

not to be rude to a member of this great but forum but LOL at wars end, our big government has no reason to end all the wars we're in, people are all too willing to give up money and liberties in wartime for politicians to avoid the temptation of sending our young men and women to die whilst invading a foreign country

on to the actual topic, gun shows are probably the best place to get anything i can think of, unless unlike me you are actually lucky enough to know a guy or two, just show up and look aorund for the people selling man to man and not as a business (they normally have small tables and arent trying to get you to come to their store sometime with signs)
i bought a .45 at a gunshow once for a damn good deal and i had to sign no papers or anything otehr than a bill of sale, he even gave me some free ammo the next day when i came back to window shop (about 30rds) - i just wish i could find more gun shows around

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
i bought a .45 at a gunshow once for a damn good deal and i had to sign no papers or anything otehr than a bill of sale, he even gave me some free ammo the next day when i came back to window shop (about 30rds) - i just wish i could find more gun shows around

I go to quite a few gun shows, usually in VA or PA becasue MD sucks. I would not buy a gun like that (anymore) at a gun show. The BATF has nothing better to do than go after law abiding gun owners. If you buy a gun at a gun show without doing the paper work and one of the BATF agents catches you, you'd be better off if you had been caught with 50 pounds of crack instead of a gun you were going to use for self defense.

oceansgreen

^ thanks for the warning, anyone else know of a good place to buy a gun without paperwork?
im not currently in the market but will eventually be gettin myself a hunting rifle and i feel much safer if the government has no idea i've ever owned a gun:)

Status
Not open for further replies.