Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishhorsemaster

Hi folks! I just wanted to introduce myself real quick. I am a pipe smoker and love researching about anything about tobacco. I happened to get on this forum by accident and was pleasantly surprised at the wealth of of information here. Reading the posts, I also was heartwarmingly happy at the generosity of the advice given here. I hope to read more and hope to gain more information. I was especially interested in growing tobacco plants, the process involved in how to make it into the final product (eg. fermenting, curing, casing, etc.). Thank you for accepting me as a member and hope to know you all better soon.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Welcome to FTT Irish. We are all dedicated tobacco growers and are glad to have another one with the same interest. You can read around as much as you like (The FAQ's at the top of the page are a great start) and ask questions to your hearts content. If you will click on your logon name and enter a general idea of where you live we will be able to better direct our answers.

Welcome again, you are joining a merry group of nuts.

John

oldsouth

Banned
Welcome! Dia is Muire dhuit!

I only know a few Irish phrases. I dated a fiddle player from Nova Scotia for a while, so her Scottish Gaelic left me too confused to speak either. I sure do like Jameson and Bushmills though!

Irishhorsemaster

Thank you all for the very warm welcome! I took your advice and went to my profile to put in some personal information. After reading the posts here, I feel I have much more to learn than contribute. Everybody is so knowledgeable here. I know a bit about pipes and pipe tobacco. I also know a little bit about Sisha tobacco but thats about the extent of my knowledge sadly. Hopefully I can learn more here from you gentle folks.

old south- No worries about being confused about Gaelic. Once you pass the Bushmill to the Irish, there is no confusion and everyone can speak and understand any language! By the way, in Ireland, Jameson is considered more classy than Bushmills. I think its due to the triple distillation. Its a little more smoother I feel. But once anything is in you, everything tastes good after a while. I am sorry but I think I am changing this tobacco forum to a drinking one! My apologies and thank you again for your wonderful welcome.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Once you pass the Bushmill to the Irish, there is no confusion and everyone can speak and understand any language! By the way, in Ireland, Jameson is considered more classy than Bushmills. I think its due to the triple distillation. Its a little more smoother I feel. But once anything is in you, everything tastes good after a while. I am sorry but I think I am changing this tobacco forum to a drinking one! My apologies and thank you again for your wonderful welcome.
Don't worry about minor changes of direction. They go together like ham and eggs. My personal preference is Bushmills but then I never did have any class. :D Actually I switched to Bushmills from Taliskers after many years of being a scotch drinker. To me it is a sippin' liguor. It seems a lighter, slightly sweeter flavor.

John

oldsouth

Banned
T
By the way, in Ireland, Jameson is considered more classy than Bushmills.

That is very interesting - In the US, I think it would be just the opposite, at least if you go by price. Young Bushmills, where I live is about the same price as regular Jameson - but, they do several varieties at different ages in different barrels. I think the oldest is 30 or 40 years old, aged in several different barrels - about $400 a bottle last time i checked!

oldsouth

Banned
Oops, looks like the y don't make that one anymore. They have also stopped making Black Bush! I'll miss that one - never could have afforded the other one... and wouldn't have spent that much even if I could! My Irish friends seem to prefer Tullamore Dew.

Status
Not open for further replies.