Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacconist University: corojo and ciriollo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy

Hey oldsouth;
sure be nice to get hold of both of them,like the oldest ones you could get the crillo and corjio,from what Ive read and looked into those orginal ones have been so-diluted so-called hybirds that the ones you CAN get now are now were near the first variteys.

Randy

Randy

Better that,I have a thought on all this talk abt getting pure havana seeds and such think-abt this for minute...alot talk and written abt seeds-plants-hybrids and such trying to grow cigar tobacco like in certain areas as best we can to copy them..how abt we rent like 100+ huge barages and travel to like cuba,nic,hondu,dom rep and fill the barages up with there SOIL the heck with seeds and plants..we bring them here {acourse to me.LOL} and I re-fill them in 40-50lb bags and sell them as "Guranteed to grow BEST cigars in the WORLD"..hmm we can get rich you how many people would buy that..just an idea here..heck they sell worm shhht and mushroomm etc.people buy the heck-out of it..and I think I read that its ALL in the soil anyway why not??

Randy:cool:

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
i doubt it but i dont know for sure. maybe for the layman market they do, because they deal with tobacco in country names, not strains. "nicaraguan filler" "dominican wrapper" etc, it's so simplistic it doesnt even come close to the huge variety out there.

oldsouth

Banned
My curiosity stems from wanting to figure out what is in the cigars I enjoy most... like a palate of paints. Then, I'll grow them in my native environment and come up with blend that create a good native cigar. I don't want to waste time re-inventing the wheel. But, I just don't accept that good cigar tobaccos can only be grown in a handful of exotic locations.

Randy

Im kinda in same boat here have list in front of me now seeds I plan on growing next season kinda like huge expermental tobacco garden you would call it..lol..just to see 1.which ones grow best in my area 2.sample of one see the ones I like THEN maybe after couple seasons narrow down to my favorites and just grow them but what have learned in just few months is the endless possible mixes you could use to roll a cigars can seem to be over-loaded on my little brain sometimes..my list acutally changes daily honest when I like read a report from Bob or someone else who has actully grow tobacco and tryed different variteys,but I look forward to there "reviews" all the time one of my old sayings is "you ask ten people the same question,never expecting to get all 10 same answers,you go with 6-7 same answer,most times you will do ok"..

Randy

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
. But, I just don't accept that good cigar tobaccos can only be grown in a handful of exotic locations.

Smart man!
Cigars are like any other marketable product. To be sucessful you have to market something unique. Look at all the special wines there are. Each is marketed as being the best in the world because of the special variety, the unique soil, the unique environemntal conditions, blah blah blah. Same marketing as used for cigars. There are differences in cigars grown in different locations, but not to the extent the marketeers will have you believe.

oldsouth

Banned
I agree. I make wine and grow grapes as well, and the only things I've seen really affect the wines from region to region are temperature and humidity. Of course, soil will affect taste subtly, but soil can always be amended. I imagine the same would be true with tobacco and I'm looking forward to testing it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.