Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Duzce tobacco search

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I examined the leaves very carefully (proportions, ribs, stem structure etc.), they are all proper. Smell is very intense, look like a floral perfume with a little sourdough aroma. I remember this smell.

I rolled a cigarette, it is sweet (not sweet as i expect), mild, slow burning and aromatic.

Some leaves have still greenish parts, there is no tongue bite and harshness but a little fermentation may help to improve its taste.

Here are the leaves. They are app. 7.5x15 cm.

untitled.JPG

Last edited:

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
wow they were not messing around, they gave you like 100k seeds at least.

you are set my friend.

mwaller

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
You have to get on their site and request them. You have to state what they are for ie, what kind of research you plan to conduct. They used to give seeds out to anyone that requested them but now it is near impossible.

mwaller

Is there any harm in me submitting a request? I sent them an email to ask about it...

You have to get on their site and request them. You have to state what they are for ie, what kind of research you plan to conduct. They used to give seeds out to anyone that requested them but now it is near impossible.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Probably not. I requested some seed last year this time. They sent it too me with a note basically saying don't bother requesting anymore, their service is only for "professional" researchers.

We did do a "group order" a few years back. The curator used to post on this site and agreed to send us a bulk order.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with JBD.

As we've discussed many times in the past, GRIN would probably have no problem with non-institutional researchers requesting seed, had it not been for the inundation of fraudulent requests from backyard growers attempting to deceive the learned folks at the NCSU Department of Genetics. Even the group orders seemed to be, to an embarrassing extent, a mad grab for mediocre varieties with "cool" sounding names.

At this point in time, well over 500 tobacco varieties are held by members of this forum, with a huge subset of them being offered for purchase by Northwood Seeds. No need to go on a treasure hunt in the GRIN catalog.

Bob

mwaller

Well, my GRIN order was denied. On the plus side, they did refer me to this forum, and to northwoodseeds.com :)

TigerTom

Old thread, I know, but did you grow out any of the Duzce seeds you received? How did they turn out?

Earlier this year I purchased some seeds from a vendor in Canada. I have no idea of they are true to type, but it's on my list for this year and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Last year I grew Duzce seeds I purchased from Canada, as well as seeds that I received from Istanbulin. The harvested leaves were identical.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My Düzce from 2018 was, as best as I could determine, an ARS-GRIN accession. (Likely seed from Jessica at GRIN, sent to @Knucklehead, sent to me.) This was densely planted, stalk-harvested, and sun-cured on the stalk. My bushel basket of leaf is from a 5' x 6' bed.

Garden20180909_3906_DuzceInBasket_Bob_500.jpg

Garden20190103_4112_Duzce_kilned_700.jpg

Bob

akhisar45

düzce seeds are not different other burley types. düzce seeds coming from TN-90 . it is degeneration of TN-90.

Status
Not open for further replies.