Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Duzce tobacco search

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbulin

Founding Member
In my post about Marmara Region strains there was a strain called Duzce with small, sweet, aromatic, fragrant and slow burning leaves. Very eligible for cigar blends.

I haven't seen a Duzce tobacco field for a long time.

When I was younger there were tobacco colognes which were produced with Duzce tobacco. They used to have a relaxing fragrance. There was no aftershave colognes at those days so all men used to use this Duzce tobacco cologne. :)

D-amp-K-SERVET-KOLONYASI-DUZCE-TUTUN-KOKULU__17760958_0.jpg

It's more than interest, it's a nostalgia for me. I'm searching its seeds now but I'm very dissapointed now.

I'm calling the reeves (elected chief executives in villages) in Duzce province, they all say " Farmers gave up producing Duzce years ago, they start to grow Virginia ". What ?

I'm not against to globalisation but it's very important to protect local species.

Best

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
http://www.eksisozluk.com/show.asp?t=kokulu+d%C3%BCzce+t%C3%BCt%C3%BCn%C3%BC said:
many years ago a small shop at a location near the center of the city of Düzce cologne sold. Good morning newspaper for many years glass "tobacco cologne made one sharp smart!" the news has stopped hanging out. the same cologne plastic , glass and spray swell sell different prices. was destroyed in the earthquake, there was a dusty glass and newsprint.

It appears as if someone picked up the rights to make it...
http://www.servetkolonyalari.com/

istanbulin

Founding Member
I've a lot of old seeds waiting (there can be some germination problems which I had this year but I'll overcome). Also I'll get some seeds from the forum.

I'll compare same strains (my stuff and yours, especially Turkish ones) and post them in the forum (may be they have some modifications during years).

Also I'm thinking to give same seed a friend of mine and compare it too.

I'll have a lot of work to do next year, very good for a retired man :)

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
maybe if you have any clout at your old research job you can have your people contact grin, the way I read it is its all still there but no one manning the office so to speak. but someone might be able to open the door and get the seed for the right reasons.

man I hope we get access to the grin again.

istanbulin

Founding Member
maybe if you have any clout at your old research job you can have your people contact grin, the way I read it is its all still there but no one manning the office so to speak. but someone might be able to open the door and get the seed for the right reasons.

man I hope we get access to the grin again.

I have a lot of contacts her in my country even in ministry of agriculture. They have the seeds but they did not give me any of them. The seed bank is closed area that you can't reach if you don't have any official research projects. That's all bureaucracy which is very stodgy here.

If I want to get the seeds from US institutions there is a bureaucratic obstacle of import permit of the seeds. There is no need to get import permit between natural persons but if it is a legal person or a foreign institution import permit is a must which is very hard to get.

I can't imagine even if my contacts in both countries pilfer the seeds and send me :)

istanbulin

Founding Member
I just learn that there is no Duzce tobacco growing in Duzce. Some farmers have started to grow Duzce strain in Samsun. I'll search Samsun :)

oldsouth

Banned
I'll be starting classes at the University of Georgia in horticulture next year. I wonder if the folks at GRIN may be more willing to share seeds with another university? Then I could grow them out and donate seeds here, as well as for the stated purpose.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Now, I'm very close to reach the seeds, I got contact with directorate of agriculture, they'll search for me.

istanbulin

Founding Member
Finally, seeds and samples are coming ! It's shipped today, may arrive tomorrow or after.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
It's a great feeling to finally nail down the strain you have been trying so hard to find, congrats man

Markw

That's very good news especially after all the time you have spent on trying to locate the seed. you must be very pleased

Markw

Status
Not open for further replies.