Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

My New Shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

notcrack

I've been laid up with the worst flu I've had in a while, so haven't been on here for a few days. To anyone who replied to me in thread etc. I'm sorry for the lack of response, but I've attempted to pick my way through all the thread, but my brain is crying for me to stop.

Anyway I've been on the holy grail search lately for a decent shredder (I know about the shreddermatic thing, but you can't get them in the UK) that gives a nice 0.5-0.8mm shred and I have finally found it. It arrived today and I've had a few hours to piss around with it.
I have been using a hand mounted shredder that I know has been mentioned on here before, so I won't bore you and discuss that
20121020152917.jpg
08mmshredder1.jpg
This thing is a bit of a beast, I know it won't match up to the powermatic thing, but it can shred without removing the stem and gives a nice rolling tobacco consistency. That pile of 200g took about 2mins to shred and it smokes really nice. I had to bolt the thing to an off-cut of kitchen sideboard as it kept moving too much while shredding, but how I see it, I've gained a dedicated cigarette and cigar work station.

I'm going to be doing a video review for my own site which I will post on here as well if anyone wants to see it in action.

Sorry about the disjointed text, but I'm still feeling a bit out of it lol.

notcrack

1. Poland
2. Some polish name trixo or something lol it came in a plain box in bag, but that's polish suppliers for you
3. £100 including shipping

Thanks Jitter. I feel like crap, but at least I can sit around without shivering. I'm just waiting to enjoy smoking again.

BarG

Founding Member
Get well soon. Love to see it in action even though I just bought a powermatic from www.wholeleaftobacco.com Which Will actualy start saving a lot of time for me to do other things. Not to mention coupled with the electric roller I can actualy grow,cure and process tobacco cheaper as far as my own time with better quality than store bought.

Ive been using a homeade paper cutter version for 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
very nice shredder,

hell you could mount a electric motor to it,

and be in business,

hope you get to feeling better,<

johnlee1933

Founding Member
This thing is a bit of a beast, I know it won't match up to the powermatic thing, but it can shred without removing the stem and gives a nice rolling tobacco consistency.
Sorry to hear your down. Bounce back soon.

You say it will grind stem along with the leaf. Are we talking about hard dry stem(medium case, full sized leaf)? If so do the stem fiber bits screw up the rolling? Like tearing tubes?

John

notcrack

Hey all,

Yeah around $160 dollars sounds right. Like I said we don't have any companies that sell the powermatic in the UK, so we have to make do. Most whole leaf sites here don't even stock shredders. I stock the same one as the other big US leaf site and most people seem to like it, but the price they are charging is ridiculous. Even in Ripoff Britain I'm able to match their prices lol. These ones are marketed as professional leaf shredders and they are built like a tank. The thing weighs about 2lb and you have to bolt it to a surface. It shreds through strip like nothing I've seen before though and the consistency is almost too thin to use in an injector.
The availability is in the US is zero from what I can see, but if anyone wants one and Don's ok with it I can see about getting some shipped over to anyone who wants one at cost price. If you run your own site PM me and I'll put you onto my supplier, but he only speaks Polish.

It does shred the stem apart from the very end part (it will shred this, but who has the energy to force it through??) from any case I've tried. I tend to pull the stem out of the shredded tobacco though as it does screw up the tube when you inject it.

I'm just reorganising my office and once it's done and the missus has gone to work (god bless night shifts) I'll do a quick video of it going through various types of leaf.

Joe

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Joe I may get one from you. I really do like the powermatic, but the biggest turn off is the price (for how much tobacco I don't use I can't justify that price) and the fact that it's electric. I really like the ability to do stuff off the power grid if at all possible. I am looking at a manual cigarette injector and a manual shredder. Let me know what shipping/customs would be and I may order one from you at cost like you said, thanks!

Michibacy

Status
Not open for further replies.