Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

too cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzappenning

i have some of my leaf hanging in the shed, and some hanging under the carport with a bedsheet over them to control frost. its been going below freezing off and on at nights. now it looks like it will be below freezing nightly pretty steady.

theyve been hanging for about a month, but most are still green with maybe just the tip yellowing. i figure the not so warm temps are slowing down the process.

so should i leave them out there and expect it to take a while? (as long as it gets above freezing during the day), or is it time to bring them in the basement? where there is some air circulation, but i believe it is pretty dry.

the cardboard box curing i tried in the kitchen with the small scraps cured some, but now pretty much just dried up.

Steve2md

I'd move them inside. Slow color curing is good, but if they've been up for a month and still aren't brown, I'd get them a little warmer

wazzappenning

thanks, yeah im hoping freezing doesnt hurt them, as its getting cold out and i have priorities. ive got to get at least one half of the house re-roofed or im afraid ill get leaks this winter/spring.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
With them being a month old and still green it sounds like they already cured green, most likely from the low temps and low humidity. In that case there's nothing you can do. Get them inside and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.